News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Armco!

Started by tigerblade, March 08, 2005, 05:32:38 AM

tigerblade

Too bad they don't make places for people to ride like this more safely.  Oh wait; they do!  The racetrack!  Note sparky knee pucks...

Slow loading, FYI.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

spyderchick

I noticed there's a "..." in the web address. I think that's preventing us from loading the proper link. Could you check on the full link?
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

tigerblade

Try this:  

I have it as an attachment but don't think we can post attachments?
Younger Oil Racing

spyderchick

no, they have to be on a server. thanks for the fix.

BTW...anyone has this guy's cell #? I'd like to put "Hi, I'm Stupid!" on the back of his leathers for him.  ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

OmniGLH

LOL!

That was pretty good.  Nice move there buddy.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

speedster_1

:o Ouch!

what was he thinking?

Protein Filled

Ran her in deep and ran out of talent!!!

What an idiot!
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

K3 Chris Onwiler

I was unable to load the clip, but from the still photos, I'm almost sure they are from the Cherraholla Skyway.  This magnificent road is in the Suzan B. Anthony National Forest, quite near Deal's Gap.  I've been down that road at high speed several times.  After 20 miles of a very high-speed rythm, there is one blind, decreasing radius U turn.  I had a friend airlifted off that corner.  Luckily, I was on my first run there, so the locals put me at the back of the pack.  Three went down, but I had enough warning to avoid jumping in on top of the pile.
Those days led me to racing.  Looking back, I saw some people get gutted and filleted pretty badly on those mountain roads, and had a few very close calls and one very ugly crash myself.  Walking the crash afterward, I had missed the open end of a corrugated drain pipe by a foot, the end of a guardrail by another foot, and had flown headfirst into the only bush growing along the rock wall for as far as the eye could see.  It was 30 miles to the nearest ambulance, and 10 miles to the nearest place a helo could have landed.  Honestly, I should have died that day.  Instead, I rode what was left of my bike back to camp with a dislocated shoulder and some minor bruises.
Those were stupid days.  Is it any surprise that I gave up the street when i started racing?
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tigerblade

K3, I think it's actually from California.  Cherohola Skyway is awesome though.  I know I've been way too fast on the street at times too but never would have pulled a bonehead move like this guy.   ::)  
Younger Oil Racing

OmniGLH

It looks like the Ortega Highway.  Another one of many roads I'd like to visit... on a Goldwing or ST1300 or something (to keep my arse out of trouble!)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

speedster_1

Cali not the skyway.  I know the skyway and that aint it...there are no double lanes.  dude is just lucky he didn't go OVER the rail!

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteCali not the skyway.  I know the skyway and that aint it...there are no double lanes.  dude is just lucky he didn't go OVER the rail!
I'll take your word for that.  I wasn't able to load the clip, so I only could judge from the still photos on the guy's sight, and didn't see any double lanes in them.
Omni, a Goldwing won't help.  My first trip to Deals Gap was on a wing.  I came home with tires that looked like wedges, pointy in the middle and flat on the sides.  I'd also ground off half the footpegs and halfway through the crash bars.  I was catching and passing GSXRs, Ducatis, ect.  Oh, those boys didn't like being smoked by a Wing with a tent and sleeping bag strapped to the trunk lid! ;D
You're a racer.  See those roads, and you'll ride the wheels off whatever you brought.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com