Ride height for Penske triple 05 R6??

Started by burniepd, March 03, 2005, 07:22:36 AM

burniepd

looking for input on ride height for penske triple for 05 R6 running the new Mich pilot PR's

Super Dave

Talk to your suspension guy that you bought the shock from.

A GMD place might be able to help if you allow them to set it up.  Knowledge costs money.  

Trying on your own, start at the stock height and work from there.

Depending upon what you had done to your front forks will make a difference in the chassis and how long the rear shock will be.

Super Dave

mdr14

Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

burniepd

When you say eye to eye what points our you measuring from.  

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Steviebee

SD  isnt this also true.  What works for one guy (say Larry D's setup for an R1)  might not work for everyone?  (this is a question)

Hence the magic "GMD" numbers are just a starting point for everyone ?

Also, what good is the shizznit "GMD" numbers for you if your running 5 seconds a lap slower?

And have different gearing ?

Super Dave

QuoteSD  isnt this also true.  What works for one guy (say Larry D's setup for an R1)  might not work for everyone?  (this is a question)

Hence the magic "GMD" numbers are just a starting point for everyone ?

Also, what good is the shizznit "GMD" numbers for you if your running 5 seconds a lap slower?

And have different gearing ?

Yes, Grasshopper...

Very wise.  Gearing, the actual relationship of the ousdise diameter of the sprockets can be relevant to the chassis operation and then the actual distance they are from each other.  It's a complex relationship that can typically be put in too simple terms.

Good for Denning...not good for you?

Well, Larrn and I use different tires and we have some different ways of executing a corner.

Last February, Larry borrowed my Hyperpro rear shock as a spare to do some testing prior to my Daytona races.  I actually used his length on my bike.  But I didn't get my set up to the way I liked it until I changed gearing to utilize a short wheel base...  What I was trying to do with the shorter wheel base was to increase trail without making the bike taller...

Still with me Steve?
Super Dave

Steviebee

Quote It's a complex relationship that can typically be put in too simple terms.

To bad im a engineer.

SHORTER WHEEL BASE ???
I plopped in a smaller front sproket so i could make mine longer, this felt better for me.  Im getting another chain so i can try an even longer one.

My brain knows exactly what adjustments do what,  but my but cant tell it what needs to be adjusted.

Super Dave

Feel better...

Going in?  Coming out?  Middle?

You've got those issues to balance.  

We can talk more...hit me with an e-mail tonight...and we can continue for a bit...but I've got to leave for Daytona Friday evening.  But let's not stop talking.
Super Dave