News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Few questions

Started by VintageBeotch, February 26, 2005, 01:23:52 PM

VintageBeotch

I've cornerworked at 4 or 5 races...and have always been a runner...

Ok or Not Ok:

1.  Don't remove helmet, but you can loosen or unbuckle chin strap

2.  Say you come up on a rider who isn't moving and isn't breathing...medics often take 3 minutes or longer to get there from start of incident.  I assume they would start cpr...that three minutes is crucial though and could be the difference between life and death...do you chance taking off his helmet and begin cpr?

3.  What's that pretty red flag mean :D

B_M_K

Rule of thumb:

Unless you are a trained medic, with special training on removing a helmet, leave it to those who are trained to remove it. You don't want to risk further injury to a rider by causing trauma to the neck or spinal cord. So in general, NOT ok.

Pretty red flag tells riders to reduce speed and proceed with caution to pit in. No passing is allowed under red flag. It should indicate to the rider that there is a situation somewhere on the track that has made racing unsafe.

EmerWil

MARRC teaches all it's members that helmet removal is a serious NO-NO!

At Summit Point medic units are stationed at Pit Out and at New Baker(between turns seven and eight).  Our medics, when dispatched, are no more than 30-60 seconds from being on-scene anywhere on the track.

We do instruct our workers to shield the riders eyes if they are in direct sunlight and they may raise the visor and unzip the leathers.  

We have several members who are certified EMS/Firefighters and the same rules go for them.

Bernie

MARRC cornerworkers are the shiznit!!!!

TLR696CCS

I second what Bernie said!!  ;D

TerryE

It's crimson, oh wait not at the the track...

Burt Munro

QuoteIt's crimson, oh wait not at the the track...

Bill doesn't get on here much to collect your dollar!
Claudia tends to be an occasional viewer though....  hope she misses this one! ;D
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Bill_Ritger

For a good rule of thumb see Firerider statement under the Helmet Removal topic.

and it's 2 bucks

EX#996

Quoteand it's 2 bucks

Ooooo......

Bill must be saving up for a new toy.   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

roadracer162

1) Only do what you are trained to do.
2) Do what is prudent, you are not a Doctor. Only a Doctor can practice medicine, all others work under someone else's medical directive.
3) If you know CPR refer back to #1.
4) At times it will take a longer for EMS to get there. but first as an EMS provider we must first make sure we are performing a safe act for ourselves and the other riders on track.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.