News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SW Region 3/5 Schedule up

Started by cstem, February 18, 2005, 02:04:11 PM

cstem

The weekend race schedule is up for 3/5-6 at Firebird.  Naturally, it is a true pain in the ass to find and the webmaster should be fired but hey, it is up more than 2 weeks before the event ;)  See you all out there and don;t forget about the banquet! Cory
The voice of the Southwest.

Linda_Hipps

Cory

You really should be nice.....specially if you call yourselve the voice from the west.

Congrats on getting married.!!!!!!

I will see you at the races. ;D

brian213

I did notice that the schedule is up for that (thought the dates are some very strangely.  I don't know it pre-reg will fwor sine the only Firebird is Firebird Intl and not FIrebird East.  Can I do the Intl and it will work for East?

How do I find out if my booking for 3 tickets went through for the awards ceremony?

"Note: There will be NO tickets sold at the event! Book now!"

-Brian

Zac

QuoteI did notice that the schedule is up for that (thought the dates are some very strangely.  I don't know it pre-reg will fwor sine the only Firebird is Firebird Intl and not FIrebird East.  Can I do the Intl and it will work for East?

Hey Brian

That's what I did on my on-line pre entry (entered for Firebird ITL).  Though you might be out of luck now becuase I believe the pre-entry cutoff is 2 weeks.

-z.

RAY_HYMER

WOW!!   :o  GT Lights is running with GTU ???   :-/

I pre-entered LWSS and ULSB, and the schedule changed to have both races together!  :(  
So much for my EX500 project!  >:(  Although, I still have to get it ready to kick Elaine's butt in Deming!   ;D

One good thing about the schedule is that Thunderbike isn't with LWSS anymore.  I guess I can now start messing with the 89 GSXR750 again!  ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing all of my racing buddies again.  My plan was to be able to do better on the straights against fellow SV650 racers by losing weight and getting into shape.  The winter work out and weight loss program was a miserable failure.  Weigh in today was 278! :o  I had bought some new spiffy leathers for my expected weight loss, so I guess I'll have to wait a couple more months.  Oh well.  Maybe it's good, as I always manage to crash the first weekend that I wear new leathers.  The first two weekends that I had my Suzuki leathers, I crashed twice, broke ribs on both sides, dislocated my shoulder, sprained my wrist, banged up both hands, and  hurt my thumb.  :-/

Here is a little advice:  When the doctor suggests that he can pull on your thumb to make it feel better, don't believe him!!  HOLY COW!!   :o  :o I almost cried it hurt so much!!   :'(

MZGirl

Quote Although, I still have to get it ready to kick Elaine's butt in Deming!   ;D

Pshaw.... ::)  I've got some moves at Arroyo.  Nice little bag of tricks I've built up over the years racing there.  Looking forward to workin' them on you.   ;D  You and Steve doin' the team race at Arroyo?  Zac and I are...just not sure on what bike yet.

For the Firebird races I entered ULWSB & LWSB on the MZ, and MWSS & MWSB on the R6.  I'll probably be taking it a little easy that weekend until I get my head back into the racing game.  I don't want to pull a move like Zac did last year.   ::)

Decreasing_Dave

Hey Elaine (or Roger, 'cuz I know you're listening),

Does this mean that I now have a ASMA race license if I hold a CCS license??  If so, do I get my same number at th ASMA races too??  I know that one of the ASMA guys has #99, but I don't want to give it up.  I guess worse case, I can run #99x at ASMA if Roger lets me.

Dave

Zac

Hey Dave,

Yeah, there will be some overlap between ASMA and CCS SW numbers, one will just have to run an "x".  Same as with SW and PAC last year where there was some overlap.

-z.

MZGirl

It's like it was with the Pac and SW regions, only now it's SW and ASMA.  You can race ASMA with your CCS SW license (don't need a new one), but most likely you'll need to run an X.  Rob Filar is normally #99 at ASMA, but I didn't see his name on the license list.  He's probably waiting until the first race weekend at ASMA to get his license.

Though somebody in SW better not get #196 (since I'm licensed w/ ASMA)!  >:(  I'm planning on doing all the SW & ASMA rounds.  I AM #196!!!   :P ;)

MZGirl

Dang nibbit...Zac beat my post by a few minutes.  Oh well, that's the only victory he'll have on me this year.   ;D

Mark_Weiss

Where might I find this schedule posted?

Thanks,

Mark

MZGirl

Here ya go Mark:  http://www.formulausa.com/shows/pdf/March%20FIR%20Schedule

Just go to http://www.ccsracing.com and click on "Schedule/Tickets" at the top left.  Then click on "More Info" next to the race date and there will be a link to "Schedule of Events" above the local weather info.

Mark_Weiss

Thanks Elaine,

I had tried that (made the most sense) but did not notice that there were two lines to choose from. So what is the difference between the date codes: 03.06-20.05 and 03.06-07.05?

Mark

RAY_HYMER

Don't forget about our dinner bet, Elaine!!   ;D
You and Zac will be on the Muz, and Steven and I will use a Supersport legal SV650 in the Team thing.  As of today, Steven and I are a combined 545 pounds! :o  You two should have to use ballast!  ;)
I plan to have an EX500 ready by the Deming race.  Hopefully, it will have about 60HP.  Pick your class!  8)

Are you 2 going to be at the Team AZ Friday track day?  We'll have to try to lure Mark out on his 89 GSXR750 Thunderbike weapon.  Mark, did you know that bike is legal for LW Formula 40?   :o  
Hopefully Dave will get mine ready.   :-/

MZGirl

LOL...Ray why does the combined weight matter?  You boys plannin on racing the team race 2 up?   ;)

The only other class I'm racing on the MZ is LWSB at Arroyo (everything else is on the R6).

Yeah, we'll be at the Mar 4 track day.  I need all the track time I can get on the R6 right now.

Oh yeah, just installed a higher compression piston in the MZ.   8)

Mark_Weiss

QuoteÊWe'll have to try to lure Mark out on his 89 GSXR750 Thunderbike weapon. ÊMark, did you know that bike is legal for LW Formula 40? Ê :o Ê
Hopefully Dave will get mine ready. Ê :-/

When I decided to build the bike, Thunderbike and F40 were where I was headed. Unfortunately a few poorly healing vertebra have caused cancellation of this year's racing plans for me. So no CCS or AHRMA in 2005.

Aron will be racing though, he'll be trying out ULSB, LWSB and LWGP with his FZR. He still has several unused entries at ASMA, leftover from when the FZR blew it's head gasket. We have a Team entry too, but I'll not be able to ride with him.

Mark

brian213

QuoteHey Brian

That's what I did on my on-line pre entry (entered for Firebird ITL).  Though you might be out of luck now becuase I believe the pre-entry cutoff is 2 weeks.
Thanks Zac.  I am not worried...not sure my poor little 125 will even be running by the time I get there, BUT, I have one of those VIP cards left for my next race, so that's cool.  :)

-Brian