Young gun uses knife and bat

Started by msmithgsxr, February 18, 2005, 07:24:22 AM

spyderchick

QuoteThe lives we lead are determined by the choices we make.  

Paul and I grew up in families where "I didn't know" wasn't a valid excuse.  If you went to a party where there was drugs, you left.  If you were where a fight broke out, you left and if need be, dragged your best bud with you.  If that person didn't want to go no matter what the persuasion, you left because when it comes down to it, you need to look out for yourself (besides, someone may need to post bail  j/k).

Since Renee's been 10, we've been pounding into her head how she is to handle situations regarding: drinking, sex, drugs and fights.  

Dawn

What she said! :)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Super Dave

QuoteInnocent until proven guilty.

But if proven guilty or not...

Someone isn't telling the truth, regardless of the outcome.
Super Dave

L8brake731

Spoke to Nicky last night. He catagorically says "it wasn't me who did this", he also says his arraignment is today, so I guess we'll see what the outcome is. ???

If I hear anything, I will keep the forum posted.

Nevertheless, a true testament in "wrong place at the wrong time" :-[
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

K3 Chris Onwiler

It's like when somebody starts preaching about drunk driving.  Ask that person, "Have you EVER been behind the wheel after having a few drinks?"  Usually, the answer is "Well yes, but...."
We all have indiscretions in our pasts.  I've been in some really ugly scraps in my day.  The only thing that kept me out of jail was the fact that I heard sirens before I actually killed my opponent.  That and the fact that my opponents preferred to take their beatings without selling me out to the cops....
I probably wouldn't do anything like that now, but I did it then.  Makes it kinda hard to play judge when others go where I've been. :-/
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

And as far as weapons go, when you're five to one, you grab what's handy.  A guy can really even up the odds with something as simple as a car antenna....  My point is, no one here needs to judge this kid.  That's what courts are for.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

L8brake731

After reading this thread last night, I couldn't help but think of how talented this kid is and what's at stake (racing wise).

For the sake of Nicky, his Dad and sister, I hope this is not true.

S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

Super Dave

Well, yeah...

Talented.  A lot of people are.  Some people have more money to drop for opportunities.  And what happens after that...well.

Sometimes really talented people do goofy things.  Really is contingent upon someone pushing a rock up a hill.  If you know that you might get in trouble, well, you might look for different things to do in an opportunity.  

I hope it's all a misunderstanding.
Super Dave

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteInnocent until proven guilty.

That statement makes me wonder if have ever been arrested before.  :-/

I've been on both sides of the law, it was rarely, if ever, innocent until proven guilty.  Aside from the police part of it, if it ever gets picked up by the press, the word "innocent" won't even appear in the storyline, let alone the police blotter.

In the case of innocent until proven guilty, the constitution doesn't seem to play the way it was supposed to.  

If you were on a jury, and someone was lying or rather, stacking the facts to benefit their case, who would you believe, the cops or the convict to be.?

Dave

james-redsv

QuoteIf you were on a jury, and someone was lying or rather, stacking the facts to benefit their case, who would you believe, the cops or the convict to be.?

Sure I would belive the convict to be, they always tell the truth. :o Man you really have lost faith in the law and law enforcement. I have sat on jurys many times. I know a county court judge personally. I have friends who are cops. They all do an outstanding job locking up the crimanals. :P

r6_philly

well I was arrested once here in the town I lived in. The charges were dropped and nothing came of it... however the arresting officer made nasty phone calls to my home phone to the point I had to change my number (for at least a month)... it seemed to me they were bored and wanted to prank on someone. To me it felt like the moment they felt the need to put cuffs on you you are the scum of the world, and if you didn't commit this crime, you must have commited many others that they don't know about.

Innocent until proven guilty? I think what is really happening is innocent until accused, then you are always guilty of something.

I still wonder though, if the kid knew he had arrainment today, why did he deny he was booked to a press which probably really cared about his well being... that just make you look 10 times more guilty. Not only "I didn't do it" but "It wasn't me they booked"... calling the police as lying doesn't sit look good at all.

Baltobuell

Guilty or not he's a kid that's IMHO normal. So he went a little too far and needs to calm down. Whoever had this other kid down, had them, period. There was a point to be proven and it was. A bat, but no broken bones, A knife, and 2 pokes in the leg? At 18, what do you think was the problem. 2 options are all I can think of
1. Kid 1 ripped off kid 2 (payback is a Bit*h)
2. A girl ( who usually ended up being a Bit*h)
  I grew up in a different time. The cops or a lawyer are the last people we would have called no matter which kid we were. Stuff like this is how kids figure out who they are.

K3, Your antenna story made me think, did you know you can beat a person unconscious with a helmet? Those were the days ;D

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteMan you really have lost faith in the law and law enforcement. I have sat on jurys many times. I know a county court judge personally. I have friends who are cops. They all do an outstanding job locking up the crimanals. :P

Maybe.....but at this point you should know that I am a Federal Agent, a Supervisor with the U.S. Border Patrol.  

Although I won't be able to make you understand without a post that resembles a college thesis in length, we operate on a "catch and release" type system.  This would be fine if it was only the good guys that were released, but it's not.  Immigration into this country is a HUGE problem and not all immigrants are good people.

I haven't lost faith as much as I see the system working like some altered universe.  

Innocent until proven guilty.  If this was the case, you wouldn't be able to be "locked up" (baring safety concerns) until AFTER your trial.  You would be free to move about as you please.  Instead, you are locked up or forced to put up money so that you don't disapear before your trial.  Why is that?? You're are presumed innocent, correct?? Then why should you have to put up a bond so that you don't skip town?? An innocent man wouldn't skip town.  So are you considered innocent after all??  No, of course not.

But here's the thing.  Some people have such overwhelming evidence against them that the police are SURE that they are guilty, therefore they are jailed.  This is fine, but this still goes against the "innocent until proven guilty" statement.  Only a Judge can be a Judge and they're the ones that make those determinations.  Hence an arrest warrant.  A Judge can issue one based on evidence presented by the police.  However, the suspect, although now arrested, still has to go to trial to be proven guilty??  Doesn't that mean that they have jailed an "innocent" man??  Negative, that man is considered guilty until HE (or his attorney) proves HIS innocence in a court of law.

Didn't you ever see "My Cousin Vinny" ??