News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How many races to enter?

Started by sv303, February 16, 2005, 05:38:26 PM

sv303

This is going to be my first season and  I'm not sure what I want to enter at RA.  I need some advise.  I have a SV650.  I don't want to everdo it.  I'm definetly going to race LWSS on Sat and Sun.  I wanted to do 1 race on Friday, but I'm not sure if I should go Thunderbike or GTL.  If I go thunderbike then I should do thunerbike on Sat.  I was also thinking of racing LWSB but I wasn't sure if I was going over my head.  

Thanks for ANY help.

Kevin

Also if my first race is a Purse race then is my next race going to be the full price, then less after that. Or will my next race be at the reduced price?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Only possible purse AM event would be ULGP and I dont think you'd want to deal with that. ;D

But heres a list of possible races...

Friday
CCS Thunderbike
GTL
Supertwins

Sat.
SUpertwins
lightweight GP (LWGP)
Lightweight superbike (LWSB)
CCS Thunderbike
lightweight supersport

Sunday
LWSS
LWSB
LWGP

If you are a glutton for punishment, you can race pretty much in any class other than singles and GP 125 with a SV650.

Price. Used to be all GT races (GTU/GTO/GTL and ULGP) were full price and then the first non purse race was full then the rest were discounted. Not sure anymore since I've been charged full rate in a class where its purse for experts, but not am and then the next weekend get charged less.

But RA is $75 for teh first, $55 for each additional one.

Might not want to do teh Supertwins race for your first weekend. They are gonna run Unlimited Superbikes with them. Might scare you silly getting blasted by a GSXR1000 on the front straight with a SV650. Your choice though.

Dont worry about LWSB. Most the guys who race in superbike classes are using SS equiped bikes anyways.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Fat_Nate

I had this same question last week for my first race weekend (also on a SS SV).  Here's what worked for me: I ended up doing three races on Sunday:  GTL, LWGP, and Thunderbikes.  The GTL race was 9 laps in the morning . . . then the two in the afternoon were 6 laps each.  I was a little crispy after the second race, but I was very happy that I did the third race.

There were no races on Saturday, just  practice.  For Daytona, I signed up for a race or two each day.

gpstar1

Well, the only thing i can say is that on my very first race weekend i only ran GTL, but as  the season went on i did about 3 races (GTL, Thunderbike & LWSB) Now i do as many i can sign up for I feel a lot better on the bike the more i do. When i was only doing 1 race my body felt like crap, but the more seat time i got the better my body & mind felt. Good luck with it!!  8)
Chris Kalb
EX Mid Atlantic 797 CCS / ASRA
LP Racing, Pirelli, Street & Comp,

gentree

I've got a similar question/bike. I raced for the first time last year. a 900SS in LWSS and indexed .500. At Loudon there's only one  LWSS Nv race per weekend. What other classes do I have a chance in ? On track days I'm used to riding till about 3 then riding back home to Central NY so I've got a bit more stamina then for just one race per weekend. My goal is to index .500 or better for 9 more races in order to move up. I know the threads' a little old but I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks, Jim#262