f2 race suspenion set up?

Started by sauce, February 16, 2005, 02:14:25 PM

sauce

and anther thing dave i dont like bothering you, like some people do at the track,always asking you to push and pull. but never take your class,i know you got your own thing going on too.but i will ask you when i see you at black hawk .
Black ops racing,Bridgestone,Woodcraft,Regina,Cantu inc,sara young.

Super Dave

Alfredo, you took one of my classes.  Wasn't recently, but...

You can hit me up anytime, Alfredo.
Super Dave

nscracer

sauce:
 I'm sure I won't be much help with your settings because my bike is far from stock. Just wanted to let ya know that I'm runnin thunder bike this year as well.
My 91 F2 has 2003 600RR front and rear rims, both tripples, forks,and clipons with a 01F4I swing arm.
I ran thunder bike on the last race weekend and got 3rd  ??? Got back to the shop to find out the bike was only makin 73rwhp, Now I'm done with dyno work and i've got 91.5rwhp  ;)we'll see what go's down in vegas? When the bike is done it'll have 600RR bodywork and A undertail exhaust ;D

sauce

do you have a 6oorr front end?or just rims.i thought you had to keep the front ends stock.only could change the guts in the forks.mine is race tech and my motor is a e-bay special(hope it last at least road america week end)ohlins rear shock,dont know where to start for ride height but i'll find somthing.let me know how it turns out.
                               sauce

nscracer

Everything in the front is RR, From syspention to brakes. Everything I changed out is lighter than stock as well! the rear ride hight on my bike is much higher than stock. By how much I don't know. Right now it looks like crap, I'll try to post up a pic.

sauce

i thought you had to keep the front ends stock,thats what ive been told.thats also the reason i didnt change to an f3 front end.let know how it works and if its legal.
                            sauce

nscracer

I'm going of of CCS rule book from 04
Check the part 6.5 Thunderbike machines are BASED on production models, Didn't say they had to be?

6.5.1. Machines not sold by manufacturer/dealer may be approved on A individual basis, whitch it was because i raced on 3/5/05 and got 3rd...

6.11.2 /A/.. Frame, Cyclinder head(s), and Engine cases MUST BE from same production model.

I'll bring the stock front end and rim with me to vegas just in case theres some noise to be told? All in all I don't see the harm you installing the F3 front end with wheel!

sauce

i'll have to check with tech here(midwest)and go from there,let me know how it runs in vegas.

tzracer

The rule book says nothing about Thunderbikes needing the stock front suspension.

6.5 THUNDERBIKE - Thunderbike machines, except single cylinder machines, are based
upon production models, sold by manufacturers and their dealers in North America for
street use. Proof of compliance rests with the competitor entering the motorcycle. Single
cylinder machines are exempt from production and street use requirements. Single cylinder
2 stroke GP road race machines are not allowed in this class. All machines must have
unaltered VIN numbers.
NOTE: Ducati 748/749 Series machines are excluded from this class.
6.5.1 Production machines not sold by manufacturers and their dealers for street use in
North America via normal commercial channels may be approved on an individual
basis. FORMULA USA will maintain a list of non-standard approved models and that
list will be available at each event from the Race Director/Referee.
6.5.2. All machines must meet the equipment standards of Section 5, as well as the
following:
A. Frame, cylinder head(s) and engine cases must be from the same production model
motorcycle. Single cylinder motorcycles may use any frame and engine.
B. The frame must be as originally supplied by the manufacturer on the approved
model. Strengthening gussets or tubes may be added. Only brackets or tubes not
supporting suspension, engine, or drive line components may be removed. Swing
arms may be modified or replaced and rear shocks may be replaced or relocated.
Single cylinder motorcycles are excluded from this restriction.
C. Reducing engine size of machines from stock displacement to meet Thunder class
displacement limits is not allowed.
D. Fairings that meet the requirements of Section 5 may be used.
E. Liquid cooling is not allowed unless original equipment on the model being used.
F. Original type of induction system must be retained. If a machine originally was sold
with fuel injection, then it must remain fuel injected. If the machine originally
came with carburetors, then it must use carburetors, however they need not be the
original type or size.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

But if you want to run the F2 in Supersport, then you do...

The questions have to be...

Cost, availability, set up, weight.

Can you get the parts, how much more will it cost, how much more will it weigh, and...

Can you set it up properly?  It's just an additional variable.

I race real vintage bikes.  I have been racing for a team with old Hondas.  The bikes have been modified by various people over years.  Three different frames, three different swingarms, three different ideas...no one really understanding what is needed.  

The F2 was a really good bike in its time.  Still a good bike.  Didn't Barney prove that at Daytona?  
Super Dave

nscracer

Super Dave:
 I have to admit. When I first got the idea to build the F2 I joked about makin it look like the 600RR to a few friends. Yah, they gave me crap. Never did I know at the time how close I was to doin it.
After the bike was broken down and the list was made I found I wouldn't have to spend any cash if I used some of my RR spairs and used shop
stock :D...After I'm totaly done with the bike I should have somewhere around $1,000. out of pocket in the bike and my time(LOTS) But that'll be for the F2 to sit as an RR, under tail exhaust and all

sauce

thats too much work for me,and iam just playing around this year anyway(like every year)but id still like to see it