News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

The future of this board

Started by Admin, February 14, 2002, 12:27:44 PM

Admin

Way back in the November timeframe, I contacted CCS to see if they would be interested in using this board as their "Unofficial" message boards.  I had decided that I was going to start one regardless, because I thought we (CCS racers) could use one.  I felt it couldn't hurt anything to get some support from CCS, so I contacted them and let them know about the board.  We had some positive conversations, and I ended up exchanging several emails with their marketing director.

Long story short, they decided that they wanted to put a link to the message boards up on their website.  I had no problem with that, and was very glad to see the racers getting that support.  Unfortunately, since that time, I have attempted to contact CCS a few times but have received no replies.

I hadn't really done anything to promote the boards because I was waiting for CCS to put the link on their website.  Since I am beginning to think that that might never happen, I guess I need to make a decision about how to go forward.

It is my feeling that CCS racers should have a board of their own.  I know that I've wanted one for a long time, and have ended up adopting WERA's board because there was no CCS board.  I guess the first question is, is there a demand for a forum like this for CCS racers.  We already have 115 people signed up (although the usage is not that high...except for Ricky ;) ).  If so, then I probably could use some more ideas about how to get the word out.  I know of several newsgroups and stuff that I can post to, and I can hand out a paper or cards at CCS races, but other then that...

Anyway...the season is upon us, and now is as good a time as any to spread the word, so if we are going to do it, we better get busy.

Shawn

Eric Kelcher

Definitely keep the board up I check it about every other day.  And from the looks of it Kevin Stacy and the the FUSA staff do as well. I think getting the word out at the tracks will help. Plus it is the down time right now questions are fewer from those that have been racing and those that are starting don't know about site yet.  I am sure it will pick up as racing gets going.
My .02

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

ysr612

I agree with eric,  but I am an agreeable sort of guy.

I will take more then 6 months to get off the ground.

If it is not eating to much server space keep it.  It will only grow.

FormulaUSA

We, (Formula USA Team) are listening and taking action on as many of the topics brought up in this forum as possible with our limited staff.  It is an invaluable resource for all of us to listen, communicate and hear the good and bad things in our sport.  We have recently moved all of our Clear Channel websites onto a much larger capacity server.  This process has been way overdue seeing as though most of our past website issues are a result of lack of space on the server.  The process should be complete by this weekend and all of our updates, including a link to this site, will finally be there, and actually work.  It may take a few days next week to get things worked out, but hopefully you will be happier.  
As the marketing and promotions wing of CCS and NRRS, I will be including the link to this forum on my cross promotion flyers in all markets as well as select markets for print.  At CCS events, if you would like to have us include a flyer for all registered riders when they pick up their credentials, we could do that as well.

Let me know directly - michaelmurphy@clearchannel.com

Admin

Mike,

Great to hear back from you.  I know how hectic everything can be sometimes.

Everything sounds good to me, and I'm glad to see the interest still there.  I'll be attempting to get the word out, "grass-roots style", as much as possible, as well as attempting to get as much information out there to racers and potential racers as possible under the RaceMotorcycles website.  

Shawn

JAHAWK

I am glad to see the word from FUSA. I think it is a good site becasue you know most everybody on here is a racer, plans to be one, or just has a job in the industry. Keep it up the word is spreading. Good point by EK too, not much to bench race about quite yet, Give it a week or two and stories will commence. I am going after Ricky's posting title, Most boards posted on.:)

Jack Giesecke

Somebody reads this.  I've not been here much, on other boards.  But, since posting the TZ for sale I got a lot of inquiries.  It's gone, sold in Kansas, for all that asked.  Thanks.

Jack

funksouljon

I agree on keeping it around if it isn't an inconvienance to you. I go to both WERA and CCS boards. In fact I was at the BBS for a while before I even knew there was a CCS board.
Once the season starts and promotion gets out, it should pick up. I like the idea of flyers. What about at registration? Would it kill anyone to mention them over the loud speaker at race weekends, since it is for the racers, by the racer(s)?
A link is a must.

ecumike

Yea I agree.. keep it.  It has definitely helped me out with getting started, and all the questions I've had... great answers from all.

Like all the above said.. once the season starts and things get ramped up (including a link from the CCS site).. the board should start bumpin'.

Shawn, I haven't forgotten about you, I should be able to get to it this week.

rdgaffer

I like the board and I'm sure it'll take off soon enough. I read alot of boards, however I don't post too often. I'm sure I will when this one gets rollin.
Keith

JFlack

For what it's worth you can add me to the list of folks who want you to keep the board rolling.  I'd like to see forums for the USGPRU 125 series though as that series is run under CCS and it's gaining a lot of support in the 125 community (see more at www.usgpru.org).

The board can be a great resource but like many boards it's tough to sort through the tech sections because there are so many bikes grouped under one topic heading so you may want to create a 250 tech section, a 125 tech section, and others for the other classes as well to make people's lives easier... other than that great job, keep it up!

Jonathan
USGPRU/CCS #25
2000 RS125R / Ducati 748S

THE_D.O.C.

just signed on today. keep it, it will grow!!  :)

GStar

Quotejust signed on today. keep it, it will grow!!  :)

ditto

SPDFRK

Definitely keep this board growing.  I'm new to the board, but I'll tell you one thing, you can learn alot just by reading what people have to say.  What better way to learn more and more, then to learn from the people who do it?  Info is a must in this sport!!

THE_D.O.C.

shawn, this is a much nicer board than WERA's. once the members add up, it will be just as enlightening as well. all it takes is patience. 8)

FormulaUSA

it is now linked from the ccsracing and nrrs pages.

rmahr137

Shawn,

do you have any banners or pictures to link to this board.

If you do could you mail them to me at rod@followthehelmet.com.

Also, you thought about putting a section where people could put their homepages for their teams and stuff, and also, how about someplace to post race reports.

Thanks,Rod