News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

NESBA follows TrackAddix lead!

Started by TrackAddix, February 08, 2005, 07:19:44 PM

TrackAddix

Please read the following quote from a post on this forum made by Garth Coyd the Midwest Regional Director of NESBA.  In this quote he is refering to TrackAddix No Session Track Days.  As you can plainly read, he raises issue regarding the safety of operating such and event.

Quote...I am puzzled by an organization that has a basic open format of combing all riders of various skill levels on the track at the same time with no guidance, all the while believing it creates no issues or safety concerns...

Now please read the following excerpt from a recent press release made by NESBA on RoadracingWorld.com; paying particularly close attention to the last sentence.

NESBA also initiated a brand new track day--Advanced-only days. The days, specifically for Advanced or expert riders only, are a test bed for other single/double class days in a response to requests by club members for more track time per day. NESBA is starting with three Advanced-only days and if all goes well, will start to incorporate more single/double class dates in late 2005 or 2006. In order to participate in the Advanced-only days, riders must be in NESBA's Advanced riding class or hold an expert road racing license. Participants get an open track all day long.

Despite many skeptics who sighted safety issues, TrackAddix introduced the open track format to the Midwest in 2003 and has a proven record of operating safe and professionally run events.  

It has been said that "imitation is the highest form of flattery".  All of us here at TrackAddix wish NESBA the best of luck in operating a format they have no experience with.

dylanfan53

I wasn't going to dignify this pissing contest with a response, but...

As per your quote of NESBA they have an issue with riders of various skill levels on the track at the same time.  The way I read it, they are going to open sessions with advanced and racer groups.  That is not inconsistent with their prior statements since they are about the same skill level.

Your comments that they have no experience with that format are a cheap shot.  

I don't know you.  I don't know Garth.  I don't care about your histories.  Coming on this board with this type of post looks like you're simply picking a fight.
Don Cook
CCS #53

G 97

QuotePlease read the following quote from a post on this forum made by Garth Coyd the Midwest Regional Director of NESBA.  In this quote he is refering to TrackAddix No Session Track Days.  As you can plainly read, he raises issue regarding the safety of operating such and event.

Now please read the following excerpt from a recent press release made by NESBA on RoadracingWorld.com; paying particularly close attention to the last sentence.

NESBA also initiated a brand new track day--Advanced-only days. The days, specifically for Advanced or expert riders only, are a test bed for other single/double class days in a response to requests by club members for more track time per day. NESBA is starting with three Advanced-only days and if all goes well, will start to incorporate more single/double class dates in late 2005 or 2006. In order to participate in the Advanced-only days, riders must be in NESBA's Advanced riding class or hold an expert road racing license. Participants get an open track all day long.

Despite many skeptics who sighted safety issues, TrackAddix introduced the open track format to the Midwest in 2003 and has a proven record of operating safe and professionally run events.  

It has been said that "imitation is the highest form of flattery".  All of us here at TrackAddix wish NESBA the best of luck in operating a format they have no experience with.

I am taken aback just a bit with this.  I try not to compare myself with others and refrained from doing so until specifically mention in your other thread both personally and organizationally several times.  My statements and comments were only meant as clarifications towards what I felt were misrepresentations.  

One small but very distinct yet critical difference is that the NESBA Advance riders' day is for ADVANCED level riders only.   All riders are classified generally at the same skill level.

Perhaps you have misunderstood my position.   Please re-read my statement.  I was commenting on the fact that on one hand you see no issue with combining riders of various riding skill while at the same time you make the distinction when marketing another event.   I was simply pointing out, what to me is a huge contradiction.   (More importantly it was in direct response to several misconceptions and statements made previously.)     Which is fine, you can run your events in what ever manor you deem necessary.  

One item the press release did not address is that this event is also for Control Riders.  Sort of a CR appreciation day, if you will, as a reward for all of their hard volunteer work. Originally it started out that way in concept then evolved into ultimately an Advanced riders event.    

Thanks for wishing us luck.   :)
G

Dutch110

Dean,

While your attempt to misinform is either genuine, or an honest oversite on your part, NESBA is not copying your format. We are improving on it. While your org has open track days where members are not grouped by skill levels, we feel it is more appropriate to asess our members and make sure they are placed in riding groups that accurately reflect their riding abilities. We have found, through our customer feedback, that this creates a much more enjoyable track environment for all those involved. It also allows our CR's to target those on the early part of the learning curve whom need instruction. Now the initiative in question (Advanced only days) is an event aimed at allowing only members of our Advanced class to participate. Thanks for your well wishes. Maybe you should come on out to some of our MW events. I'm sure Garth would be more than happy to give you a few pointers on how to run save, smooth events using a multi class format. Ride safe.

Dutch

nesba1

I normally don't get into these tiffs, but I feel I needed to because you are assuming quite a great deal.  I have been in the track day business a long time, and when I have an idea to do something, it does not come from copying anyone, period.  Especially a program that is focused on having riders of varied skill levels thrown into one group, to me that would be a safety issue, but hey that's just me.

Our format is much different than yours, we have ONE group on the track with matching skill levels. You on the other hand, have a group of varied skills.  

And as far you leading and us following, it seems to me you followed us, because you came after us.

Good luck in your ventures I am sure you will be successful.

PS, if you want to work with us on the Road America paddock issue, please do not make it a public issue prior to contacting us.  I have not heard a word from you on this issue and Garth assures me he has not heard from you either.  We are more than willing to accommodate your participants, but you seem to be causing a lot of controversy that I'm sure doesn't reflect well with your customers.

Bob Blandford
President NESBA
QuotePlease read the following quote from a post on this forum made by Garth Coyd the Midwest Regional Director of NESBA.  In this quote he is refering to TrackAddix No Session Track Days.  As you can plainly read, he raises issue regarding the safety of operating such and event.

TrackAddix

Plain and simple, nesba's so called Advanced Riders' Day is a direct copy of my June 26th event at BIR and the open track format is a direct copy of the basis of my operations.

Garth, per the following quote, you continue to make reference to a distinction I made when marketing an "expert only race practice".  Which lets not forget, was initially just an idea I was throwing out there for input from the racing community.

QuotePlease re-read my statement.  I was commenting on the fact that on one hand you see no issue with combining riders of various riding skill while at the same time you make the distinction when marketing another event.  

You and I both know that there is a big difference in the intensity of riding between a "track day" and an actual "race practice."  Sometimes a distinction in skill level must be made depending on the type of event being operated.  My contention is that you are going to have some safety issues when you mix racers preparing for a race weekend with street riders attending a track day.  I was simply trying to offer racers an alternative and actually expected that most people would attend both events.  Like I've said, "It's all about the track time".  I thought racers could get the major part of their setups done at my event and then fine tune things at your event.

However, I'll tell you what, it's time to end this "pissing match".  We are not doing anybody any good airing this here on a public forum and I'm sure everyone is sick of it by now.  We are obviously never going to agree regarding these issues.  

Before this whole mess erupted, I contacted you in good faith hoping to work together to the benefit of both our organizations and especially to the racing community.  If you had called me in the first place we could have avoided this whole mess.  Instead, for whatever reason, you elected to "slam" the event I was proposing and start a "war" with me.  And that's fine, I am prepared to deal with that.  The success of my operation and my safety record speak for themselves.

As I've said in a previous post, lets agree to disagree.   I am professional enough to put these differences aside for the benefit of the racing community.  The question is, Are you?  I am still willing to work with you on these issues and have many ideas I'd like to discuss.  However, a public forum is not the place to do it.  I continue to leave the invitation open...

TrackAddix

Bob and Garth

Is Garth's email not gcloyd@nesba.com?  I have also made several pleas via this forum for him to contact me.  The "ball" remains in your court...

G 97

A little late for that.  The cow is not only out the door but the whole entire FN barn has been burnt to the ground  ;D

NESBA is in the process of taking care of those riders who participate with the NESBA event.  My E-mail is in my profile.  
G

TrackAddix

I am sorry to hear that Garth.  I am man enough to set these differences aside and have offered an "olive branch" several times.  Good Luck to you and nesba...
This is my final post regarding this topic and I suggest that everyone else let it die also.

I'm sorry guys, I tried....

G 97

Dean, I am not sure what E-mail you are using but I can assure you I have not received one E-mail from you.  The one listed on this forum is my American Honda work. In addition my NESBA.com one is fully activated thru www.nesba.com.  

As many have said above.  I do not feel that publicly airing this out is the correct manor in which to conduct things.  Calling me out and stating that you have contacted me via E-mails; in effect trying to put the entire issue as NESBA's responsibility does not sit well with me.  Again I have never received one E-mail from you.  

It's not even about whether we agree or disagree on how to run track days.  I could care less what you do until you put negative spins directed at NESBA.  Case in point:

•      No Membership Fee Required to attend.  
•      Racer Only Day-No street riders to dodge.  
•      No Limits on where and when you can pass-this is a race practice, right?  
•      No Control Riders policing your activities-your a licensed racer, we'll treat you like one.  
•      More Track Time, Less Money.  
•      All the same vendors will be present because they will be where the racers are.  

Presenting this entire paddock stay over issue as being my responsibility is pure bullnuts.  YOU should take responsibility for it, certaintly not me.  And calling me out about it is highly inapropriate.  

My responsibility lies with the riders participating with the NESBA event.   No more no less.   I am currently in discussions to take care of these NESBA participants.  

I have always positioned myself to get along with other track day organizations.  But it is a mutual process.  I have very good relationships with STT, Edge, Learning Curves, and CSLB.  

Sorry guys, never received any E-mails.  
G

nesba1

Bottom line is this:

You did not make every effort possible to contact NESBA regarding your request. You tried one avenue and when you didn't get a response (because you sent one email to an email address that no longer exists) you decided to publicly bash us for not getting back to you. When the truth of the matter is, it is completely your fault for not following up or making every effort to contact us.

So if you want your customers to stay in the paddock, you will need to contact us to work out the details.

Just in case you don't feel like doing the research here is the contact info.

877-at-nesba
nesba@nesba.com
g.cloyd@nesba.com

Bob Blandford  

ekraft84

QuoteI am sorry to hear that Garth.  I am man enough to set these differences aside and have offered an "olive branch" several times.  Good Luck to you and nesba...
This is my final post regarding this topic and I suggest that everyone else let it die also.

I'm sorry guys, I tried....

Just from reading this, it looks like you started the controversy.  Then you play the "sorry, I tried" bit to gain sympathy and make Nesba look bad?  Poor form man.

Handle it like an adult and in person; not on a public forum.
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

r6_philly

nesba1

Dean,

We have not heard from you in regards to accommodating your customers during our event.  We are more than willing to help your customers but you have not contacted us yet.

Bob Blandford

TrackAddix

Bob,
I planned on contacting you today.  I was busy running errands in the city all day yeaterday.  What time zone are you in?  Eastern?

nesba1

Yes eastern.   Fastest way to contact is nesba@nesba.com address