For you Packer fans in Super Bowl withdrawal

Started by dylanfan53, February 06, 2005, 08:11:24 PM

dylanfan53

A little poem from Paul Gilmartin to remind you of the good ol' days...

"Tim, the die-hard Packer fan"

5 ticks left in the Super Bowl, the Pack they trailed by one.
The ball marked near the fifty. Favre warmed up his gun.
And in the other end zone a man rose to his feet.
Tim the Die-Hard-Packer-Fan, knew this was destiny.

Shirtless, painted green and gold from his forehead to his heiny.  
The smile slowly left his face. He said, "Someone hold my Leiny".
He wet his finger, felt the air. A headwind turned their way.  
"Favre", he thought, "He's got the gun, but he needs our help, ya hey?"

He lumbered down the steps. His mission now was clear.
Neutralize the headwind, or wait another year.
And as he stepped onto the field, security stopped him short.
They asked him who he was, he said "I'm Tim, I'm from up Nort."

"Whereabouts?" they fired back. "Sheboygan", he revealed.
Whaddy catch?  "Mostly Pike" They let him on the field.
As Favre barked out the signals, Tim chugged a giant beer.
And then another, and one after that, as tension filled the air.

The ball was snapped, a route was run, Favre unleashed the ball.
Never had there been a spiral, so clean and far and tall.
And then it hit the headwind and started coming back.
Tim felt a rumble in his gut, now was time to act.

The burp came out so long and hard, the Yukon felt a breeze.
A tidal wave of beer and brats and half a wheel of cheese.
The blimp was lost for 7 days, skybox glass was shattered.
An OshKosh woman lost her teeth. Tim's stomach left in tatters.

But the pass came down, the catch was made, and just before Tim died.
He was heard to say "The Pack are Back Oh For Cry Ay Ay"
His headstone reads, "Tim gave his life. Never did he wince.
He tailgates high above old Lambeau, grilling brats with Vince".

The End

Patriots? Bah!!  :P
Don Cook
CCS #53

Thorny

Hey goof nuts, when Farve retires and you guys settle into one of your standard 25yr droughts hopefully the packer 'fans' will just be what they we're when I moved here, quiet!

putter

QuoteHey goof nuts, when Farve retires and you guys settle into one of your standard 25yr droughts hopefully the packer 'fans' will just be what they we're when I moved here, quiet!

Dawn? Rebuttal?  ;D

StumpysWife

Living in the U.P., the Packers are the team we cheer for. I'm certainly not going to cheer for the Lions!

However, to prove I'm not a "Packer Fan", my big trivia question last night was "who did the Packers beat in the Super Bowl in New Orleans?"  For the life of me, I can't remember!!!  

And the family football pool was a dud this year.  We needed to fill some squares so the two family dachshunds ended up winning three quarters out of four.  The wiener dogs aren't invited next year!!!

Heather

Dawn

QuoteDawn? Rebuttal?  ;D

Obviously Mr. Thorny never lived in the great state of Wisconsin his entire life and therefore does not understand the passion we have for our team.  For this he is forgiven.

Dawn   ;)

BTW PJ, dylanfan53 is from Indiana.   :)

Thorny

When I moved out to the flat lands (here) from Boise,ID I was an avid skier. I was in to purchase new skis at the local Wausau, WI sports place. When after spending a crap load of cash to ski what the flat landers called a Mtn., I was pleasantly presented a pair of tickets to a Packer game. That year your team was 5-11, and thats why you have always filled your stands, even while you suck. They were giving up a set of tickets with every purchase over $650.

Oh, you hear that...........  :o that's the sound of the Farve magic washing away, and setting up a 25yr. drought ;D

spyderchick

Ah...yes, Packer mystique. Did you know that there is an impossible waiting list to get Packer season tix? People put them in their will. Toughing out the rough years just makes the winning ones just that much more sweet. Weird, but football is the only sport involving a "ball" that I actually watch. Golf...boring...baseball...Zzzzzzz...basketball,  iz alright, but boring. Nascrap...'nuff said, I'll take a nap, thank you.

Yeah, you're right about Favre. We'll see how the organization handles that, because it will tell the tale of whether we do well again in the coming years, or slide off for a few.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

ScottR686

Even though I'm from Virginia I look forward to watching the Packers every season. I've been to Wisconsin alot and I've never seen a state so hardcore about their team. The Packers are everything there. It is the most devoted I have ever seen anyone in sports other than some crazy soccer fans over seas. They are the best fans in the country and I'm proud to be one of them.

Super Dave

Devotion?

University of Nebraska football.

There is no professional sports in Nebraska.

More sellouts at Memorial Stadium than Lambeau.  I can understand what Packer fans think, but the NFL came to Omaha to see about putting in an expansion team (there is lots of money in Omaha), but they realized that you can't compete against the Huskers.

They ain't no paid players...just kids.  More college all Americans than that big educational school Notre Dame.  

I like Brett.  I can see that 2004 was probably his last year.  Would have been nice if the organization could have put a few tools around him that could have actually got the job done.  He broke his butt to try and accomplish something, and sometimes he made mistakes.  Often, the mistakes were defensive, poor play calling (not on his side), or missed routes.  

Some may not like Randy Moss or T.O...  but those guys execute.  Would have been neat to have some real super stars there to work with him.  I'm sure they would have liked working with a gunfighter like Favre.  Hey, they guy throws blocks.  I like that.
Super Dave

dylanfan53

I had to work all day but I figured you guys could defend your fine team from the infidels in MN.

Thorny, I saw a great movie about Idaho recently.  "Napoleon Dynamite"...

Highly recommended...
 ;D
Don Cook
CCS #53

putter

Quotegreat state of Wisconsin

The only state where you can buy gas, beer, ammo and bait in the same store.  ;D

StumpysWife

QuoteThe only state where you can buy gas, beer, ammo and bait in the same store.  ;D

Nope, you can do that in the U.P., too.

And ice cream, too.   ;D

Heather