Rode the SV today

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, February 05, 2005, 11:51:30 AM

K3 Chris Onwiler

It's 58 degrees and sunny out there!  Isn't this early February?  I was actually working in the garage with the door open and no jacket.  I finally got my twisted up salvage 03 SV650 in good enough shape for a first test ride.
Except for the SRAD front end and CFM rearsets, the bike is stock, right down to it's muffler.  Even so, that SV torque makes the little beasty one easy bike to wheelie!  Stoppies weren't working very well in the dirty, patchy, damp alley.  I made about ten passes, and after the third time that I almost looped the bike out, I decided to call it a day.  The temptation to trailer it out into the cornfields and screw off for an hour was huge, but somehow I resisted, mostly because my leathers are at Spyder for repair.
Amazing how a little cycle therapy can improve your mood!
Problem is, now my wife has accused me of huffing, scowling, and being in a generally bad mood.  I guess today was just a tease....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

LMsports

It is ALIVE....long live K3's frankenbike!
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteIt is ALIVE....long live K3's frankenbike!
OK Igor... um, Rob.  You keep hauling those wagonloads of parts in, and I'll be at the laboritory... um, your shop in about 6 weeks or so.  Just don't get me an Abbynormal brain, OK?
 ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

Dawn

Well, Chris....

I know what Laura's talking about.  You huff and puff and stomp around about all the 'chores' you have to do.  You begrudingly do the things that ABSOLUTELY need to be done - - but dang it! - - you're not happy about it.

- - - -  Oh wait, sorry, that's Paul - - -     ;D

I'm glad you got to ride your bike, I can see you smile'n from here.

Dawn   ;)

numbskullz181

Chris! Does that mean you got my clutch cable in the mail? Excellent. We only had about 65 and sunny in Atl today and I spent the day dropping the engine on the spare SV. No riding.
Did you get my gearing recommendations?
Wait til you get a pipe and some suspension on that SV. So much better.

Anybody need an 03 frame? I've got one.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Got the parts and the gearing info.  That clutch cable was the missing link to getting the bike rolling.  Can't believe that NOBODY in the whole damn country has a clutch cable for an 03 SV6550.  Thanks, Mark.  I'll miss chasing you around Blackhawk!

Super Dave

QuoteGot the parts and the gearing info.  That clutch cable was the missing link to getting the bike rolling.  Can't believe that NOBODY in the whole damn country has a clutch cable for an 03 SV6550.  Thanks, Mark.  I'll miss chasing you around Blackhawk!

LOL!  You've got to be kidding?  I can get all kinds of parts for my old stinky two-smoke triple H1, and you can't get an 03 Suzuki part?
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

Crazy, huh?  I needed the clutch perch, which could only be had as a full assembly with the lever and adjuster wheel, but no problem.  Needed the back half of the instrument case, because the plastic was shattered.  No problem.  I need a damn clutch cable, and there isn't one in the country.  The aftermarket hasn't even made one yet, and no luck from Suzuki.  Lucky for me that Mark was able to send me one.  Suzuki had better get that straightened out before summer, or there will be many pissed-off customers out there!

dylanfan53

Note to journal:
Buying all the clutch cables in the country didn't work...on to Plan B...

Don Cook
CCS #53

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteNote to journal:
Buying all the clutch cables in the country didn't work...on to Plan B...
;D  This is going to be a fun year!

ninelives59

I guess thats why i have two spare cables in my tool box...from salvaged bikes of course ;)
CCS FLORIDA  #6
9LIVESRACING
PIRELLI TIRES
WWR DESIGNS
EXTREME PHOTO'S