Racer Only practice for CCS/FUSA at Road America

Started by TrackAddix, February 04, 2005, 08:01:39 AM

TrackAddix

Hey Gang,
I'm thinking of booking RA on April 20th for a "True" racer only practice / test n tune before the CCS/FUSA race weekend.  I want to gage how many racers might be interested before I commit myself to renting such an expensive track.  So please chime in if you would commit to such an event.

Here are the details of what we would put together.
This would be a "No Session" day for expert racers only.
Event would be limited to a total of 100 riders.
Riders are free to enter and exit the track as much as they want and ride as long as they want.
At our "No Session" days only half or so of the riders tend to be on the track at any one time, so on a track as large as RA you would have lots of open space to work on your  setups and lap times.
Tire and parts vendors would be on-site and we will have a Dynojet Power Commander Mobile Tuning Center also available.
The cost of the day will be around $200.

Here are the advantages:
You get to arrive on Wednesday to map out your pit spot for the weekend.
You are not limited by the few laps you get in a 20 minute session.
You get all the track time you need to work on your setup.
The total number of riders is limited so you are not bogged down in a crowd of riders.
This is a focused EXPERT racer only practice.
Pricing:  For about $40 more than you normally pay to ride a track day, you are getting a pure test n tune day with as much track time as you want and a limited number of riders attending the event.

Please respond to this post or email me at dean@trackaddix.com or call 888-234-4740 and let me know how many of you would commit to this event.

------------------------------------
Keep it on 2 wheels and a puck!
Dean Rumfola
TrackAddix Racing, Track Days, and School of Speed
www.TrackAddix.com
MRA, CRA, CCS #545

motovid.com

hmmm... more track time @ RA before the FUSA event....sounds pretty good... is this day open for all licensed racers both yellow and white plates?

Your thread said expert racers, but I would think there are a lot of new racers, amatuers interested in a test/tune day as well. Any option for these guys who need to be there for the races that weekend?

It has been my experience, Friday CCS race practices *usually have no problem with this sort of format, including  a mix of yellow and white plate riders.... the track is big enough to stretch it out...

Another big question is can we camp overnight, leave our pit setup?  

LMsports

I think Dean has a good idea to limit the event to expert road racers at this point. At a FUSA weekend like this and at such a fast track with some of the fastest riders in the country it keeps everything at a certain level. It is a big risk on Dean's part to offer a day like this aimed directly at helping the fastest guys get their FUSA season off to a good start at a track like RA with early year conditions. NESBA is set to hold a track day there the day after this but what serious racer can get a set up figured out with 20 minute sessions and slow rider traffic. With the Track Addix no session format and taking away the threat of the slowest riders mixing in he is attempting to provide a test and tune/setup day that most riders don't get an opportunity for anywhere. I applaud his efforts. Hopefully we'll get the support needed from the expert racers to make a day like this work. Also, by keeping the event limited to the expert racers I see Dean trying not to step on the toes of NESBA who is having their track day the next day. Hopefully the two organizations can work together to allow camping and racers can stay set up for the weekend and take care of both organizations for allowing the practice time. What is everyone thinking?
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Protein Filled

All I can say is that no sessions day rock! The amount of track time and the ability to setup a bike with no time constraints is unbelievable. If you have never done a "no Session" kind of track day, you should really try it...

I got to ride some no session days while trying to sort out the new bike and even though I lost a lot of time in the morning doing petty things to the bike, I still got so much track time in the afternoon that I was more than satisfied.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

racerhall

Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Protein Filled

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

TrackAddix

Rob at Lithium hit it right on the head.  I am trying to keep this a day for the faster guys to get in some good setup time.  For many it will be their first chance to get on the track after "tweaking" their bike all winter.  I know from experience that it is tough to get any REAL setup done when riding 20 minute sessions.  Especially at a track like RA where maybe you can get 4 or 5 good laps in before the session is over....and that's only if someone hasn't crashed during the session.  I want this to be a serious day for serious racers.  Nothing against the Novice riders at all, please don't take any of this the wrong way.  If I knew that a novice guy was fast, no problem.  But I have no way of knowing the experience level of the novices that might show up to the day.  I also know that there are some novices that are faster than some experts.  I really don't know of a good answer.  This will be a racers day, sooooo racers, tell me your ideas and suggestions.

Dean Rumfola
www.TrackAddix.com
MRA, CRA, CCS #545

KBOlsen

How many riders will you need to make it worthwhile?  RA ain't cheap... you might need to open it up to AM's to make it cost-effective.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

TrackAddix

Com'on Guys and Gals!  There have been over 100 views of this post but only a few responses.  Like KBOlsen says RA ain't cheap.  I really need to know how many of you are interested before I will take that financial risk to rent RA for the day.  Do you want the extra practice and setup time or are you happy to ride 20 minute sessions at the NESBA day on Thursday?

Dean Rumfola
www.TrackAddix.com
MRA, CRA, CCS #545

morepower

Well I'm a poor old AM, but I did not say slow  :P
NESBA going to net you about 2 hr if your lucky
on thur. Why dont you split the day 1/2 AM and half
EX, say 9:00 am-12:00, lunch/break 1hr,
then a 1:00-4:00 pm session 1/2 AM - 1/2 EX
thats 3 hrs . I sure most will find there set-up with
3 hrs of straight track time. Or if the EX want to fork out
some extra $$ They can ride the whole day, with us
AM'er if they choose too.
I'd fork out some $$$ to get 3 hr's of in and back out
test and tune.
Arwood Racing
CCS
EX #82

cornercamping

I'm in for 2 people.  Myself and someone else.  Let me know when you need a credit card # to book it or whatever.

ducelectronics@mac.com

:D

MJFRacing

QuoteI'm in for 2 people.  Myself and someone else.  Let me know when you need a credit card # to book it or whatever.

ducelectronics@mac.com

:D

Really?! You're going to show your face?! Wow! At least now we can put a face with all the lies!  ::)

Back to your thread 'TrackAddix'

I'm an AM but if you let us in, then I don't see why not!  ;D

Michael - CCS 73