Tomahawk Tires

Started by Chris760, February 03, 2005, 03:12:07 PM

Bad_Matt

Quoteinteresting...any pics of them? run these on the track?
still... not something I think I would be able to  trust...all I can picture are those truck retreads flying all over the highway...
 :o

I have a half orange and half blue side walled rear in the shop.  Give me some time, I'll take a photo of it.  And yes-  I raced on them.  Got the very first win they ever had.

as far as truck tires-  they are capped retreads.  they only have the tread replaced.  They are built entirely differantly.  The Tomahark tires are milled down to the bead and replaced.  Check their web site.  pretty cool process.

they are also in the works to make a set of inexpensive tire warmers too.  check it out.

Bad_Matt

QuoteNow the real question is:

How do I get Tomahawk to buy my take-offs from me?
 ;D

-z.

Buy a set from them.  :P

Bad_Matt

Quotei really want to try em out.  but i cant seem to bite the bullet and buy em.   someone try em and tell me how they were.  :P

cant beat 220 for a set of slicks though :o

I loved the way they felt under hard braking.  The front was increadibly stable.  

The tires were a bit on the heavy side-  therfore, you get a greater fly wheel effect from the tire you normally run.  I understand they have reduced the weight since I ran them.  It changed my brake markers and the way I rode slightly.  A differance in turn in speed as well.

The grip was comparable to other big named brand tires I have run on my SV or my Hawk.

The surface wear was far superior to anything I have ever run.  There was no cold tears or chunking of any kind.

The longevity was equivilant to other tires.

Talk to Garth Dillon if you want specific numbers, but, to date there have been no "delaminations" of the tire.  They just are not made that way.    Just like every other tire manufacturer out there, Tomahawk have been a couple of blistering tires.  The blisters formed and never popped.  I saw one in person.  The result was a leak in the original carcass from a flaw that was unrelated to Tomahak.  I believe their rubber is better in this regard to the "big" names.  You hear about Dunlop having all these problems at Daytona-  yet there are guys still running Dunlops.  Same with Michelin, Pirelli, and Brigestone...

I would still be running them if I did not have a sponsor.

LMsports

What is everyone scared of...tires flying apart...hey people still run Dunlops! :o

Just kidding. Can't believe noone else said it first.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Bad_Matt

QuoteYou hear about Dunlop having all these problems at Daytona-  yet there are guys still running Dunlops.

>
What is everyone scared of...tires flying apart...hey people still run Dunlops!  

Just kidding. Can't believe noone else said it first.

Thought I did..  ;)

L8brake731

Hey Matt:

When you post a picture, show us the pink ones you ran at Firebird last season ;D
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

ekraft84

QuoteBuy a set from them.  :P

Hey Matt, you spelled Suomy wrong.  :D
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

Mongo

LOL - why am I not surprised Mr. Automotive Industry doesn't know how a retread works....

Tomahawks are not made like truck re-caps.  They are made like aircraft tire recaps, totally different process and quality.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Bad_Matt

QuoteHey Matt, you spelled Suomy wrong.  :D

Thanks...  Doh!