News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Biker chick....Cancer....needs support

Started by Speedballer347, February 03, 2005, 09:01:05 AM

Speedballer347

This is a girl from the stunt-forums.
She was recently diagnosed with cancer and is having a hard time mentally dealing with it.  She aslo lost her job because she worked around sick people, and now can't.
:'(

She needs cards, prayers, email support, and donations.

Like I said, she is a rider who 'likes' stunts (she rides, not stunts), so if ya got a problem with that...don't click the link, because she doesnt need to be email harrased with any negative comments about stunting right now.

For the rest, she can use some kind words to cheer her up.

I put up a page for her here
http://www.highspeedassault.com/amber.htm

Thanks guys

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

putter

Hey Speedballer, if you talk to Amber, have her shoot me an email.

Thanks!

Speedballer347

Hi Putter.

Here is her email addy: allmoney1996@yahoo.com

please give her a shout...she is going through a tuff time.

Thanks, Bro 8)
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

putter

I emailed her a couple of times, I will send some more. Sounds like she is going through a rough time. She is a very nice girl, and I hope this works out the best way possible for her.

Speedballer347

She is so bogged down mentally/physically it is tough for her to return all the emails  She DOES apopreciate any support and she constantly keeps us updated on the sites.

Your right though, she is a nice girl.  She has enuff people praying for her, that she will be fine ;)

putter

We became "acquainted" when the Starboyz and the WERA BBS had their battle. The one thing good that happened out of that was that alot of people got to know Amber.

If anyone reading this happens to have a spare minute, please  look at the website that Speedballer posted and send Amber a quick email or card.

Thanks for the info, man.

Speedballer347

**UPDATE** 2/2/05
First, thank you everybody for the good lucks, cards, and donations again...2nd, I had my first chemo treatment today. It seemed to go well, I came home, was able to eat lunch, and then I slept for a couple of hours...That is when I became nauseous and got sick. I have to go every other Thursday for chemo for 4 months, then the day after for a white blood cell shot in my arm :( Then after the 4 months, I skip a month, and then go into 4 weeks of radiation, everyday.
Love, Amber
~Hoping~

**UPDATE** February 03, 2005

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkB/WERA bbs
Amber, are you frightened about all of this?

"I'm terrified I just try not to admit it too much and keep my horrible feelings in, so as not to bother anyone with them...

my nurse told me today that everyone of her patients in 20 years has lost their hair, so she started explaining all that to me...wigs and headscarves and baseball caps for me all summer.

My dad started crying when he picked me up this morning. I felt horrible for him...I know this isn't easy for anyone of my family and friends...But sometimes they don't remember that it isn't easy on me either (go figure)...so, yeah, I'll call Mikey (my b/f) at 4:30am crying because I just get scared...the pity comes and goes...I try for it to go more than come, so we'll see as time progresses. Thanks for caring enough to want me to update
Love, Amber "

**UPDATE** 2/7/05
This weekend would top out at one of the worst in my life...I was sick the whole time, tried eating Friday, got sick...now, the past 2 days, I've had the WORST pain throughout my mouth, jawline, underneath my tongue, etc.  I still can't sleep...I have been praying to God just to take the pain away and its going nowhere :(

allmoney1996

Thanks again Erik...for those that don't know, I'm the girl he's speaking of...I found out I was sick Jan. 6th, and diagnosed Jan. 14th...8 days and a Happy New Year, not to mention a happy birthday as well...I'm trying so hard to stay strong and positive, but it is so hard...harder than I myself thought...I thought I was a stronger person than what I'm being...But thank you again...Hi Putter!!  Erik, the support you've handed out, goes beyond what a person should do...I truly hope you go blessed for all you've done/are doing...

~Amber

putter

You know to reach me Amber. Still thinkin about ya.  :)

Super Dave

QuoteI'm trying so hard to stay strong and positive, but it is so hard...harder than I myself thought...I thought I was a stronger person than what I'm being.

Hi, Amber...

You're strong.  

Just put that in your mind.  This just isn't easy, period.  

The whole process seems vague at times.  Sounds like your doctors are going at this agressively to stop it in it's tracks.  That can leave you feeling and looking almost toxic.  Do anything and everything you can do.  Keep positive people around you.  And keep in touch with us.
Super Dave

allmoney1996

Were some replies deleted because I got emails for them, but there's nothing here?  ??? I have my next treatment tomorrow, wish me luck... :-[

Dawn