Anyone besides me find the Barrett-Jackson

Started by EX#996, January 29, 2005, 04:04:46 PM

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote Being recognized by a community as a racer...that comes with a fair opportunity for someone to see that you  tried.  Racing is really about trying.  Few are winners on the podium, most of us are first place losers and back.
Well said.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteRespect...

Give it out, and it comes back to you.

The difference this board has compared to some is a great amount of respect between posters.  

You certainly have a right to your opinions just like having an as#hole.  Where you unload though, you need to be careful.  Don't unload where one can step in it.  When that happens, things fly.

Well said.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote  Hey Corner, I believe SD is throwing you a rope of sorts...take it, and the advice, and exit gracefully.

Hit the nail square on the head.  Now comes the true test.  Will Dan learn something here, or will he just fly off into another endless oration?
You know Dan, you're obviously smart and articulate.  Why do you always have to be such a pain in the butt?  Are you developmentally disabled?  Didn't get enough attention as a child?  What is it?  If you could just realize that the world doesn't revolve around you and every thought that you have, people might actually start to like you.
No slamming here.  Just friendly observation and advice.

secularist

QuoteHit the nail square on the head.  Now comes the true test.  Will Dan learn something here, or will he just fly off into another endless oration?
You know Dan, you're obviously smart and articulate.  Why do you always have to be such a pain in the butt?  Are you developmentally disabled?  Didn't get enough attention as a child?  What is it?  If you could just realize that the world doesn't revolve around you and every thought that you have, people might actually start to like you.
No slamming here.  Just friendly observation and advice.

odds on this?

cornercamping

:o  Well I just showed up late for the party...

Give me a minute and I'll reply to all... :)

cornercamping

QuoteI liked the Pittsburg Steelers.  My friend Tom Brady liked the Dallas Cowboys.  My friend Tom taught me the lesson that just because I liked something, it didn't mean that everything else sucked.  

We have three Apple's here at my house, but I don't belittle the PC's.  I have no particular attachment to any vehicle really.  I know what I like.  Anthing that costs more than $20k should be able to blow me as I drive down the road as far as I'm concerned.

Dave, one thing you have to realize, is that I'm not trying to belittle anyone or anything.  With the computer jokes, they are just jokes.  I use both Apple and PC.  I have to.   Now, I prefer Apple, I in my opinion Apple's are far superior to the PC's, but it's just a joke.   You know, kinda like the bumper sticker "Friends don't let friends ride Kawaski's."  It's that kind of thing.  It's just a joke.

As far as anything over $20k should be able......   I agree  ;D  

cornercamping

QuoteRespect...

Give it out, and it comes back to you.  

Dave, think about this....   Have I ever taken a slam at you?  Ever poked fun, or made a joke about you?

Probably not.  Actually, I don't think I ever have directed a joke your way.  Now think about this, who do I constantly go back and forth with....  and there's more than one person   ;)  Why?  And the people I do go back and forth with, it doesn't mean I don't respect. them.

cornercamping

damn I gotta go do something for work.  Be back in a little while.  :(

Dawn

Super Dave

QuoteDave, think about this....   Have I ever taken a slam at you?

I'll open this up and reply...

We've taken note that opinions are like, well, you know...

So, now that we all have opinions, they are ours...

They are rather personal.

Recognize my first grade example.  My friend's opinion was that the Cowboys were the team.  I thought otherwise, and I let him know that in a way that wasn't done in the best fashion.

As per my opinion...

You go off..."Ford GT is a piece of crap..."  and continue on and on...

Don't beat the horses so bad, and they won't poop where you walk.

A little tact will go a longer way on this.  Recognize at the top of this page that it's "RaceMotorcycles.com Forum".

There are a good number of racers on this board.  As the audience here. if you think that track days are your thing, then that kind of an opinion might be a bit different than the norm.  I'm not against diversity, but you're gonna get flack.

I don't think you're a bad guy.

But you're in people's "face" so much...

You provoke a defensive reaction from just about anyone.  I don't know how to explain it, but you're good at it.  

You've been openly welcomed by people to come to a race.  You don't even have to race.  I'll call some of these people ambassadors.  They love this so much, this racing thing, that they just want people to experience it.  You don't even have to race.

At times, you flip that invitation around.  Rather than recognizing the graciousness the person is offering, it gets into something else.  

I can only generalize based on my own opinions, but the offers still seem to come, but your willingness to show up seems to have diminished.  

For a lot of us, this forum is an extention of those minutes between grids that we get to spend time together.  Most of us would prefer that the weekend never end, but jobs and paying for tires and all keep us from doing that.  It makes us all family.  We really do take care of each other too.  

I have a really eclectic group of friends.  Really covers a wide are of the US.  Most of use are underemployed folks that don't really care what we drive, except for the fact that we saved money on it so we could race.  Robert Jensen made $120k last year racing Yamaha's.  He drives some old Toyota Camary.  I've got a 1990 Mercury Sable.  I'm in heaven compared to my old Accord.  I drove a 1983 Datsun Sentra to Daytona once.  Meanwhile, I've owned top flight race bikes.  I've raced in the parking lot AMA race at Pomona, Oval tracks of Loudon, Charlotte, Phoenix, and Daytona, road courses of Laguna, Sears, and Atlanta.  I've crashed team owners $70k bikes, with irreplaceable parts, but still get calls from others to race their bikes.  I've been lucky enough to have a dreamy life that way.

We've offered our friendship a whole lot to you.

Tread on us a little lighter...
Super Dave