News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anyone besides me find the Barrett-Jackson

Started by EX#996, January 29, 2005, 04:04:46 PM

secularist

how am I elderly at 35, again?

you just can't leave it alone can you...

secularist

Quotepm me here with your e-mail addy and I'll pass it along to Sean.

and we'll send out a search party on the WERA board!

diet Dr Thunder (Dave Arkle) thinks he can help.  he wants to call you tomorrow...pm me yo numba bizzatch.

cornercamping

putter

K, I emailed Mongo with my ISP. Let's hope I can get back in business. I love the irony of discussing this on the CCS forum.....  ;D

Sec, I owe ya one!

secularist

QuoteK, I emailed Mongo with my ISP. Let's hope I can get back in business. I love the irony of discussing this on the CCS forum.....  ;D

Sec, I owe ya one!

its all good karma in the end...too much is made of CCS vs. WERA.  we're all just trying to do the same thing.  can't we all just get along? (except for the red-headed step child...el Dan)

cornercamping

Putter, try this also:

In MS DOS

Start
All Programs
Accessories
Command Prompt

When Command Prompt opens, type this in exactly:

ipconfig /release

hit enter, and it should say IP RELEASED and a bunch of  other crap.

Then, type in:

ipconfig /renew

Then, wait a second, and you should see a new IP pop up in the black box.

When Typing ipconfig there is a space between ipconfig and /.  It should be typed exactlylike this:

ipconfigSPACE/release and ipconfigSPACE/renew

That might do it.

cornercamping

H-man

QuoteGood night H  :-*;D :P

Huh??

You must not be able to read and just looking at the pictures.  While Seculatirst's avatar is like mine, that wasn't the H-man.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

H-man

Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Super Dave

Quote:-*  I'm not talking smack.  I'm just trying to figure out why I'm less of a racer than everyone else?   I've got valid race licenses, race a few times, and spent just as much time and money as everyone else.  The only difference is, that every time I got on the track, a plaque wasn't involved.  Only a few times with that.  

I've got plaques and actual real trophies.  Really don't care much about them either.  I give some to kids, some we leave in the road to watch kids pick them up....  

As for you spending as much time and money as me?  

That's a two way street, like I said.

First, sounds like you probably make a lot more money than me....

Second, I doubt you spend more money than me...

Third, spending more money than me doesn't mean that a person can still beat me...

Fourth, what's the point of spending more money?  Still doesn't make you part of the racing community if we never see you.  A simple license gives one the opportunity to compete with an organization.  Entering a race gives one the opportunity to compete.  Being recognized by a community as a racer...that comes with a fair opportunity for someone to see that you  tried.  Racing is really about trying.  Few are winners on the podium, most of us are first place loosers and back.
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteI agree, I ask for 100% of the drama I start, and I have no problem taking back what I hand out.  It's just all fun.  But, I don't belittle people nor do I feel superior to anyone else.  It's just amazing how quick you can get knock for a preference.   Some people like Duacti, some like Yamaha, some like Apple, some like Dell.  It doesn't matter, it's opinion.  And you know what they say, opinions are like a******* and everyone's got one.  

I think the trick becomes that we know you by now.  Can we all say that we're friends by now?

Often, how you deal with your friends opinions, well, it's childish.

When I was in first grade, I remember learning this very well.

I liked the Pittsburg Steelers.  My friend Tom Brady liked the Dallas Cowboys.  My friend Tom taught me the lesson that just because I liked something, it didn't mean that everything else sucked.  

We have three Apple's here at my house, but I don't belittle the PC's.  I have no particular attachment to any vehicle really.  I know what I like.  Anthing that costs more than $20k should be able to blow me as I drive down the road as far as I'm concerned.

Respect...

Give it out, and it comes back to you.

I'm a pretty tolerant guy.  I give out more advice at the race track to the poeple I am and have worked with than I am able to give to myself.  Sometimes riders need a yes or no answer.  Sometimes they need an explaination.

You say that you have no problem taking what you hand out.

I think the trick is that there are lots of people that just don't want what you're handing out because they don't play that game.  Recognize that difference.

The difference this board has compared to some is a great amount of respect between posters.  Isn't too much blah, blah, blah stuff until you post, like, a whole mess of one liners that could have been put together in one coherent statement.

You certainly have a right to your opinions just like having an as#hole.  Where you unload though, you need to be careful.  Don't unload where one can step in it.  When that happens, things fly.

We're happy to share wisdom that you have and ours with you.  
Super Dave

251am

Hey Corner, I believe SD is throwing you a rope of sorts...take it, and the advice, and exit gracefully.

BTW-How's about those gawdanged tires you were giving away for free? You gonna send em or what?

Ya, how bout them der auctions? ( Is it time for another suspension clinic somewhere?) Gotta check the sproing in the springs.