News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anyone besides me find the Barrett-Jackson

Started by EX#996, January 29, 2005, 04:04:46 PM

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton

cornercamping

I do.  I was watching a thing last night on Discovery HD about the auctions, and then the whole Pebble Beach thing, ect.  Also about DuPont and company.  Pretty cool stuff  8)  

cornercamping

as far as interesting... sure.  Think about this, a car that was sold for $3,000.00 back in the 50's is now worth $3,000,000.00  :o

EX#996

Dang!  Leave for an hour and I missed it.  

Paul and Dawn Buxton

cornercamping

Wanna see the really crazy stuff, watch a Dupont Registry Auction.  That's the really, really, high $ stuff and originals.  The had a 1969 Chevrolet Super Yenko Camaro 427 that was 100% original with 1000 original miles on the odometer.  The car sold by original owner at a Dupont Auction for $5.4 milllion and it was not a restore.  

www.dupontregistry.com

EX#996

I'm really tired of seeing the Corvettes cross the block....

I bet the Chevy guy's heads are spinning with the price that Mopar is fetching.   ;D  That red 70 Hemi Cuda was sweeeeet.  That and that 71 custom Mustang with the 502 crate motor....  that is one car that I would LOVE have.

Paul and Dawn Buxton

cornercamping

I like the old Ferrari's and such.  I also like the old Austin's and the Bently's  8)

EX#996

I really liked 'Elenore' but here's a bit of a twist to it....  71 Mustang

Paul and Dawn Buxton

K3 Chris Onwiler

I want a Ferrari Daytona California Spyder.  I'd even settle for a Corvette kit car clone of a Daytona Spider.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

cornercamping

1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB Scaglietti Spyder

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

K3 Chris Onwiler

The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com