Credits and refund ?s

Started by 251am, January 23, 2005, 07:45:18 AM

251am

a.So how many folks out there have some refunds and/or credits coming to them from last year?

b. Those of you who have received refunds/credits from last year; What is the most successful route to take in actually GETTING those refunds and WHO in Ft. Worth did you do it through?

example 1; The cancellation of the FUSA class I wanted to run in last year. It was announced as cancelled AFTER I bought the license with both CCS and FUSA. A difference of $40.

example 2; The cancellation of races at Road America last spring, races we had already paid for.

example 3; Had a family emergency last spring and couldn't run a Sunday at BHF. Got notice in on time.

What I have tried; a. E-mailed Mr. Elliot and he acknowledged the $40 FUSA licensing difference was due back to us. Handed me off to Linda Hipps.

b. Leaving PMs, e-mails, and voice-mails with Linda Hipps. She also acknowledges the refunds due back to me.

c. Started leaving voice mails on Mr. Elliot's service.

I'd like to continue some racing with CCS but why would we send licensing money to a company that still owes us money, acknowledges that they owe us money, but won't return e-mails or phone calls anymore?  ???

Advise please, oh great CCS think tank. (My reactionary knee jerking attitude has gotten me into trouble when I do such dealings on my own.)        

Super Dave

Yeah, well...

I know how you feel.

I got a CCS payout this year.  Used that to pay for my license.  It took me 14 months to finally get a refund from 2003.  Lots of calls.  And I know people, I guess.  

There is no pressure that can be used to get anything done.  CCS is going to be taxed again with the Jordan Motorsports program again as CCE has interest into anything Jordan does...so, occasionally, last year, certain personel had to work on that program.  Didn't impact anything on licensing, entries, etc...

But...

Should we sticky this and make a list of people due refunds?
Super Dave

251am

Hey Dave,
      I was thinking about requesting a $$ transfer to apply to my '05 license fee. Who did you talk with to do that?

How do we make this "sticky"?

Super Dave

I had a certificate for it.

For you...call Kevin, Tiff...or Linda...see if they can.
Super Dave

251am

Kal

I'm in the same boat.  I was in email contact with Linda Hipps and she was nice,  but I didn't get any money back.

251am

Well, I got a payout for my license for '05. Here's what we need to work on. Why do I say "we"? The more racers become disenfranchised with the sport in CCS, the more of 'em leave and don't come back. This increases the likelihood, of course, of fees going UP for EVERYONE.  :'(

Phone # for Ft Worth is 817-332-4822
                   ext. 103 for Kevin Elliot
                   ext. 110 for Linda Hipps
  Pass this info on to rookies/noobs/cherries/novices, however you wanna call them; Sometimes refunds or credits are electronically refunded to the credit card you used to pay for an event. This is old info. for you vets out there, but noone mentioned this to me until things got heated with Ft Worth.
  Keep your e-mail correspondence from and to Ft Worth, don't trash it. You may need it as a reminder to Linda/Kevin/Tiff that you were working out a refund or credit.
  Don't wait to communicate with your region or Ft Worth about monies owed you. Get on the ball and stay on the ball. I received e-mail confirmations that said ..."Yes, we see that you have a license refund coming, but we're looking into the Road America..."  So, I sat back and waited for certificates to show up in the mail for the '05 season. No Go.        

251am

I can only imagine how many people have walked away from this sport because of $$. However, when the expense of the sport is compounded by the race organization dragging it's feet on monies owed back? Why stick around? I know, a lot of you guys are saying to yourselves, "Yeah, well you must not be a racer if that's gonna deter you." Like a huge percentage of folks out there, this is an awesome hobby for me. I have no delusions of an ROC title or  being regional champ. My point is, why not get the $200 back to the noob so they wanna come back for 4 or 5 more weekends, where they spend another $2000-$3000 on fees etc.?

Not looking for perfection here, just trying to make some progress on a topic not too many wanna talk about; money. Maybe the folks in operations at Fort Worth need some raises? When was the last time you guys down there got a raise? Do you feel like you're being paid enough for the work you do? Could you use another office person? I think Rob940 is still lookin for employment? Need your bugs sprayed. :D        

Thorny

Hey 251, Maybe if we can think of a business where some big company owns us and don't care what we do we can take peoples money for a product/service and take the $ w/great haste, only to be slow or not even send them our product/give them our services. Better yet play huge games of phone tag, we can grow up our business to be just like the org. we consider our selves to be members of. (CCS)
Where their moto is or certainly should be from of the old crappy movie w/Tom Cruise, "Show me the money!"

251am

Would the "kuan" be a good tire sponsorship? ;D

TiffineyIngram

You know, you guys have a right to your opinion.  I can't say what's happened or not happened because I personally haven't been involved in it.

I can tell you that everyone here works extremely hard to get things right.  I'm not trying to minimize your feelings, but on a message board with thousands of members, there are three of you on this topic.  Linda has been working very hard on the refunds.  If you'd like to call in, call in now.  Today is a perfect day to get this handled, as it's pretty quiet around the CCS office right now.

I totally understand your frustrations--however, what I do not understand is why after all these years you all think we "do whatever we want" with your money.  There are THREE of us here.  So, when you say we're "money grubbing", who do you think you're talking about?  Do you think we see any of it?  It's not like we hold on to them for ourselves or for fun.

I'm disappointed that you all feel this way.  If you have a problem, please call in.  We do not monitor the message boards constantly to know what the problems are.  We're here now, and we'll be waiting for your calls.

Thorny

All I know is Tiff, when I rent a car for work I try to get the nice ones but not the crazy cool ones. I seen one of the CCS people from down there come here and for a rental car she a had a pimped out Mustang convert., Now I have never drove that cool of car  ;) for work but you do what u gotta do wit our catching baby!!
 Tiff, I understand that you guys are super-under staffed at pretty much all times. We are just pounding the idea to use the same haste that used to deduct money from my Debit card, in refunding our and CCS's mistakes when it comes to cash. Jeez, don't get so frisky baby!!!