Summit Point Shenadoah Circut

Started by njracer1, January 18, 2005, 11:58:18 AM

njracer1

Since we have 2 dates scheduled for 2005 do we know if there has been any changes to the "track of death"???  Is armco being moved so in case we decide to run off the track and check out the hot girl in the bikini we dont die hitting da big bad scary not friendly armco? ???

nj

njracer1

I guess I'll be racing da CRF fiddy to avoid DEATH!!!

nj

davegsxrold929r

QuoteI guess I'll be racing da CRF fiddy to avoid DEATH!!!

nj

i do not think you are much better on the 50y

castle228

I haven't heard any updates to the new circuit recently.

I do know there were a select few racers that went out late last season to do some "test laps"and he just happened to have an onboard camera. I think I recall the top speed being 120mph, even then it was just for a brief moment. It's a very VERY technical track with average speeds being somewhere in the area of 45mph - 65mph.

The first race weekend at Summit is scheduled for April, so I'm sure more people will be chiming in with their opinions once they check out the progress.

I am not a racer, nor do I represent Summit Point. Good luck to one and all if bike races are held on this circuit. You can rest asure though, MARRC will be there to help you out....in case you do pay a personal visit to the armco.
Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org

PJ721

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Thumper881

It's the stuff they put around the track to keep you from messing up the grass. ;)

Eric Kelcher

They did not use armco at Shenandoah and after the test Kevin suggested several changes then the karters tested suggested changes some that would be nice some that would be required before either would race there. Last word all changes required for racing were being made and some of the wishes as well.  

Now this is not to say that there will not be hazardous areas, I have not been there, but that those that remain were unavoidable as opposed to concrete placed next to track just cause they didn't want to clear a few more trees like the plans had called for which was most of the problems with the circuit in its as tested state.

PS the track runs counter clockwise (opposite of what everyone keeps thinking) and does not run the full straight
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

PJ721

I must be dumb... well I know I am...but I still dont know what armco is!!! concrete? walls? that gravel stuff?

???
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

WebCrush

QuoteI must be dumb... well I know I am...but I still dont know what armco is!!! concrete? walls? that gravel stuff?

???

metal guard rails, same as you see on the highways

PJ721

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

davegsxrold929r

Quote:o

I dont like that stuff!

as well you should not... LOL... bad bad stuff..

eh427

QuoteI must be dumb... well I know I am...but I still dont know what armco is!!! concrete? walls? that gravel stuff?

???
Yes, you are. It is the stuff you would hit when you take one of your off track excursions. Just kidding ;D
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing