News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Summit Point Shenadoah Circut

Started by njracer1, January 18, 2005, 11:58:18 AM

PJ721

hey there you are! been waiting for your input on this one!
 ;D

talk to you during the week to set up plans for the trip to the banquet Saturday...
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Chuck

rider + Armco = hurting for sure...sorry for stating the obvious.

brian213

The video is pretty cool.  The track map looks quite nice, though I'd arrange it differently..using another long straight and more corners.  :)

Found this on the USGPRU site:

http://blackmotorcycles.com/BlackMotorcycles/images/Shenandoa/SummitPointShenandoah1.htm

Looks like a really fun track (maybe not on a 1000, I think the camera is on an R1) but FOOOOK the walls! I hope they get and use a ton of air fence!

-Brian

PJ721

who were the 3 riders? and if you are on the board... what are your opinions of the track?
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

SVbadguy

Quotewho were the 3 riders? and if you are on the board... what are your opinions of the track?

Ricks Beggs had the camera on his Kawi, Darren Danilowicz was on his SV, Nate Kern on a GSXR1000 (who you don't see), and someone I don't know on the 125.

Rick reads/posts occasionally.  He says if you don't have a problem racing Loudon, you shouldn't have a problem racing Shenandoah.  A few changes are/will be made and another test session will be held.  MARRC may even do a full on cornerworking test at the same time to figure out the best way to work it.

brian213

Quotewho were the 3 riders? and if you are on the board... what are your opinions of the track?
Scott Moxey is on the 125 in front of the R1.

-Brian

ew422

That is easily the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  Count me out.  Anyone who wants to race there is a moron.  Can you not find a better track on a particular weekend???  I would not even race my kart there.   Doing laps is one thing.  Racing is another.  Sheesh...

Eric Kelcher

That was the test that was run prior to any walls being moved. Don't base the racing or proximty of walls on that video. There are several changes that were to happen, maybe Rick can let us know what the changes are?  
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

PJ721

QuoteCount me out. .

wimp!  ;)

but as of now....until I see it...I wont make any judgments...
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

pmoravek

Uuuum Gee guys.....
I don't know why everyone has their knickers in a twist. At least there are tests being performed, with qualified, experienced riders.
Most tracks would take a stance of...
"Here is our layout and kiss my a$$ if you don't like it."

Why don't we at least give the folks at Summit Point and CCS a chance to do their jobs before the bitchfest begins. ::)

If you want to complain about unsafe tracks, there are plenty to go around before you get to one the nobody has raced on yet.

eh427

QuoteThat is easily the dumbest thing I have ever seen.  Count me out.  Anyone who wants to race there is a moron.  Can you not find a better track on a particular weekend???  I would not even race my kart there.   Doing laps is one thing.  Racing is another.  Sheesh...
Wussy. ;D
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

jp233

yeah I am interested to know what Moxey and the other riders thought of the track...... and I hope some of those walls get moved yowzers!
Tactical Racing #233