newbie q&A  AM to EX moving

Started by bionicman, November 07, 2002, 01:50:02 PM

bionicman

What is required to move from AM to EX?
Can you do this mid-season? if allowed

Thank you for your time
RC

sportbikepete

500 points. Or mid season you get enough guys biatching that you are to fast they will look into bumping you up.

stillslow

A friend said " You know those guys I was blowing by last year? It's like their all blowing by me."
     Changes 2: 1. Get real serious, it's not a game anymore. Some careers hang in the balance now. 2.  And change the color of your backround to white.

bionicman

so how many points given for each place?
Is it the same amount for each race @ different locations?
I have heard of double point races are those set in the schedule?

RC

Super Dave

Are you looking to turn expert from the last season?  Or are you shooting for a goal?
Super Dave

bionicman

Nope , Im sure this will make you regulars laugh but ive only been on the track a hand full of times

I wouldnt call it a goal but maYBE A Wet Dream to go to the expert class in my 1st season

I do not even know if I will have enough $$ to go racing next year
Just dreamin & asking questions
RC

bionicman

on another note why is the MWSS class allowed up to 640cc???

& the big rage debate on eletric shifter going on

I thought the whole point of MWSS was to have a class that had manufacturer street bikes w/ street attire remove & raced

where results would be determined by what the factory has to offer to joe shmo & rider skill??

I simply do not understand this , its going all big $$ pretty soon it will be cheaper to race ferarri's competitvly

Super Dave

Quoteon another note why is the MWSS class allowed up to 640cc???

& the big rage debate on eletric shifter going on

I thought the whole point of MWSS was to have a class that had manufacturer street bikes w/ street attire remove & raced

where results would be determined by what the factory has to offer to joe shmo & rider skill?

I simply do not understand this , its going all big $$ pretty soon it will be cheaper to race ferarri's competitvly

The 640cc allows overbores on bikes, and now the new ZX6R at 636cc's.  The RR version is still 599 of whatever.

Electric shifter thing is irrelavent here as that is about the AMA program.

Rider skill is only as good as the person setting it up and the preparation.

Racing Ferarri's?  No.  A budget to race the Porsche series would set you back about $8 million.  Do the NASCAR Busch Series in the North East and you'll probably drop about $4.5 million.

Motorcycle racing is still pretty darn cheap.  

Super Dave

tigerblade

RC,

Just race the '51.  That is, unless you're afraid of some competition...

LOL

-Kris
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

RC51Racer