New rule for LW SUPERBIKE

Started by Thumper881, January 12, 2005, 10:00:14 AM

Thumper881

:o I've just read in the flyer sent that there are new rules governing the Lt.Wt. superbikes. The rule stated that aircooled twins are up to 1210 cc . Does this mean all air-cooled twins??

Sunny

Air cooled twins up to 1210 cc is pretty self-explantory to me............   ;)  This means as long it's a twin and air cooled, and under 1211cc, you'll be okay!  

However, I am getting a little confused here myself...............  How is a ~1200 cc motorcycle Lt. Wt. at all???????????????   ???

WebCrush

QuoteHowever, I am getting a little confused here myself...............  How is a ~1200 cc motorcycle Lt. Wt. at all???????????????   ???

LW/MW/HW are based on HP/weight ratios, not size of engine

Thumper881

Because last year the rule stated only pushrod twins were allowed that many cc.

Thumper881

Sunny,
  Are you just assuming thats true. Because you know what happens when you  ass u me. ;)

H-man

Hey Sunny, I'll sell you my 2000 Buell M2.  You'll be pretty damn competitive after a some weight reduction action.

H.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Sunny

QuoteSunny,
  Are you just assuming thats true. Because you know what happens when you  ass u me. ;)

Sorry, I really don't know and didn't go check out the rulebook.   :-X  I am just assuming what you posted is true, and interpret the words..........   ;D  

Sunny

QuoteHey Sunny, I'll sell you my 2000 Buell M2.  You'll be pretty damn competitive after a some weight reduction action.

H.

Sorry, I don't buy American bikes..........   :P

Thumper881

;D It's true,it's true. Now to bore or not to bore? I just got the word from the" big man".

Mark Bernard

Hummmm...  Another class for me to run in!  ;)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteHummmm...  Another class for me to run in!  ;)

Uh you could had run it last year. ;D Last I checked, dont Buells have pushrods? ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

PJ

Yup. Rules last year, I believe, allowed 1203cc air-cooled push-rods twins.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing