Front number display?

Started by firerider, January 09, 2005, 06:08:52 AM

firerider

Ok I have read the rule book on number plates, but I am a little confused on one thing. I cannot run a number plate in the center due to the air intake so it must go on the side-fine. But the rules state only 1 number display up front, Can I paint a number plate on both sides of the front and only run the NUMBERS on the correct side for each race venue? I am in the process of having new stuff painted and it would be great to have both sides painted at the same time.Thanks

tzracer

Yes you can have the yellow or white background painted on both sides. The numbers must be run on the side so it can be seen by the scorers.

The numbers can only be on one side.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

firerider

Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for :D
I just wanted to paint the plates on both sides.

H-man

If it's of any additional help to your plans, you may place your number on both sides on the front of the bike.  However, one of the two sides (the side away from the scorers as your gridded) must be covered over, with tape for example, when you take your bike to be tech-ed.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

firerider

If I wanted to paint a number plate on the front that would cover up about the lower 1/4 of the windscreen is that ok??

Eric Kelcher

Yes a single plate that uses part of the windscreen is fine or even if you have a left/right number plate it can use part of the windscreen.

I saw a ZX6RR two years ago that had asingle plate that was half on windscreen that looked awesome from a scoring prospective.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

danboy

I saw this thread and had to join in as I'm getting my number plate painted on as we speak. I ride an 01 CBR F4i and with 8 inch numers it doesn't fit to the CCs rules. I have a 3 digit number and to make it fit I will have to paint the windscreen. That being the case how far up can I paint the windscreen? Far enough to make the rules work?     Dan
#713 amateur
Nesba CR #713

xseal

you can paint on the windshield as much as you want/need. Colored duct tape also works well for that.

bambam

ok now for another question on this subject.... how close to the 10 x 12 inch size does this have to be. i got the 7.5 inch numbers with 1 inch between and all the way arround but trimmed too much off of it to make it look better. i have like 9 x 10 onthe front and with 6 inch numbers on the back like 8.5 x 10. a 10 x 12 on both sides of the tail just about covers the whole thing. the umbers are very clear and so is the yellow so does size really matter?