News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Great Plains Schedule...

Started by Spooner, January 05, 2005, 02:52:32 PM

Spooner

I saw that in the renewall info that the first race for us is in St. Louis.  Then I saw a more 'updated' schedule but didn't see this date listed.  What exactly is the first race, and what is a link to the final schedule??

-Nick
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

Dawn

This is what I found in the 05 New Racer's package updated on 12/16/04

Great Plains Roadracing
Championship
April 22-23 Road America**
April 24 Road America**
May 28-29 Blackhawk Farms
June 19 Heartland Park*
July 2 Mid-America **
July 3 Mid-America**
July 31 Gingerman Raceway
August 12-14 Barber Motorsports*
September 10-11 Autobahn CC*
October 9 Gingerman Raceway*

pnther15

it's that's true that's crap....take away our first round at Topeka and now the only Gateway....  What the hell....  

Dave
Lithium Motorsports,  Suspension Solutions, Vortex, and VP Fuels

r1owner

I agree, that sucks that Gateway was removed!  :'(

Could someone please explain why?

grim_racer

Mark Bernard

Tiff... Is it, or is it not on the schedule? Seems to be a bit of confusion.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

tstruyk

The schedule that was in the flier DID say "tenative"  :-/  I would prefer to see gateway as well... it would be my first "race", its my "home" track (30 mins away) and it would allow me to be more relaxed knowing the track.  Change that to Road America (gulp)... never been there, all I know is its a FAST track.  With minimal practice sessions (unless there is a full practice day friday) I would like to get in more than a few laps before lining up.  Now if on the CCS could just accomodate all MY needs...  ;)

Any final info (when available) would be great.  Oh and Tiff I left you a few emails and PM's, get back to me when you can please!

thanks

tim

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Chuck

I'm really confuses granted it's not hard to do but, I just got my racer package last week and the schedule in it had Gateway as our first round Apr. 3rd.  I believe the opening round in 2004 was in March at HPT.  That was a bit cold, so I was ok with dropping it from the schedule even though it's only an hour from my house.  Now if Gateway is gone, we don't start till the end of April  :'(

Not only is the season cut like 6weeks shorter, but it leaves us Kansas City racers only 2 tracks that are remotely close driving distance.  Every other event will be 8 hours plus.... >:(

Booo this schedule,  Boooooo!   :D

pnther15

I think we need a real GP region where we race in the Plains area.  To me Gateway, MAM, and HPT are the Plains area and we should have multiple races there.  The CRA has two races at MAM!    I know that us K.C. racers are a minority, but if we lose Gateway, there's not much difference between our schedule and the Midwest's....

Chuck

I like Road America and I also enjoy going to Barber, I think Multi Regional events there are super.  But what the hell are we doing at Gratten twice???  Blackhawk is even a stretch....

spyderchick

Chuck...you will learn to love Blackhawk...you will learn to love Blackhawk... ;) :D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

pnther15

the Jedi mind tricks don't work on guys from Missouri....  

Now for CCS-  You will give us a Gateway round, Gateway will happen....

Dave