News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

IT'S SNOWING!!!

Started by TiffineyIngram, December 22, 2004, 06:19:29 AM

TiffineyIngram

Oh my gosh, it's snowing!  And not just crappy flakes that melt snow, REAL snow!!!  Granted, it's not "sticking", but I have a picture of our cars with snow on them.

Merry Christmas to me!  A white almost-Christmas for Maddie!

I realize for most of you, this is a non-event, but for us down here where it was 60 degrees two days ago, this is a sign of the apocalypse!

Jeff

the fact that Texas exists is a sign of the apocalypse
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

TiffineyIngram

Jealous, jealous, jealous...

I'll remember that next week when it's beautiful and 60 degrees while you're putting chains on your tires.
 ;D

Dawn

Nah...

Only wussies put chains on thier tires.  

We practice our driving skills on the lakes during the winters (both cars and bikes).  You can finess a car into moving without chains, its all a matter of throttle control.

Dawn   :D

BTW:  Incase you were wondering, it was -6 this morning.

cornercamping

Yeah, me too.  It can be snowing like crazy and we still do 80 mph on the e-way.  ;D  They get .5 inches down south and the whole state shuts down  ;D    It's snowing here too.  Got about half an inch already and their saying it's going to snow 8 inches by tonight.   Yeee Ha... time to get the 4 wheeler out  :D

Dawn

QuoteYeah, me too.  It can be snowing like crazy and we still do 80 mph on the e-way.  ;D  

.... and end up doing some loopty-loops right into the ditch.

;D

cornercamping

Quote.... and end up doing some loopty-loops right into the ditch.

;D

Nah, only did that once.   ;D  4-Wheel Drive  8)  I"m one of those people.  Fly by everyone on the e-way doing 50 mph because I have 4-Wheel drive and don't bother thinking about what if I gotta brake hard because of some other idiot  ;D  That's me  8)  Only spun out once last year, and that was on an off ramp.

TiffineyIngram

Yep, everything down here is shutting down.  We're only still here because we're having lunch catered at noon.
 ;)

Eric Kelcher

catered lunch hmm I think maybe our office is closing; yelling into the next office "hey it's snowing we are closed"

Honey what's for lunch?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

OmniGLH

A dusting and you're closing down???

What a bunch of lightweights.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

251am

Quotethe fact that Texas exists is a sign of the apocalypse
the oilmen cometh...  

Eric Kelcher

Actually the dusting is not the problem it is the rain that came before that is now turning into ice on the bridges.

Ihave seen the way you guys up north drive on ice better but still scary besides Dan lives up there.  ;D  

Just messing with you Dan about the 80 in the snow comment
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition