Re: What classes?

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, December 18, 2004, 09:26:57 PM

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteHey all I'm comming back to race CCS midwest and need to decide on 3-4 classes to compete in 2005. I have a limited budget due having my first baby coming. What classes would you run? This is to help  me decide on next year. I will be riding a R6 as my bike. Thanks I have trouble making decisions.

Well for cheap (no money classes)

Middleweight Supersport and Superbike
Heavyweight supersport and superbike

$75+$50+35+35=195/weekend

Run 3 of those and a GTU

$75+75+50+35 = $235/weekend

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

GSXR RACER MIKE

I suppose that depends on what your looking to achieve. Being on a limited budget your tire expenditure will probably be sacrificed to a degree, so that means that you will be pressed to try and be up front in the most competative classes. If your looking to go the individual class points route toward class championships then your finishes will have to remain consistent but won't require those podium finishing positions which require constantly fresh tires. Winning (or attempting to win) races is very expensive, but has an immediate reward. Winning championships requires a different kind of strategy which can be exciting as well, but the advantage here is that it doesn't require as much money and risk.

Knowing what your looking to achieve from your racing (under these new circumstances in your life) would be a good idea before suggesting specific classes to compete in. Randomly suggesting classes without knowing what your looking to achieve would be doing so blind as to what your looking to achieve. If your going for a win I would suggest different classes than if you were going for class championships. Another factor is if status is an issue with you or not, some people feel they have to run certain classes. :)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

Sell the good R6, but a nice SV...

Race GT Lights, LWSS, LWSB, Thunderbike $235 a weekend...

But you'll save tons on money on tires and your older SV won't depreciate as much as a well done 600.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Ok, then...

MWGP, MWSS, MWSB, HWSS...

If you want to do more...options...

GTU, ULGP Purse classes...more money

ULSS, UnLSB, HWSB

Pick and choose.

Super Dave