News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Blackhawk Getting Repaved

Started by kangasj, November 05, 2002, 07:42:59 AM

kangasj

You heard it here first ;D.  They are currently in the process of repaving it!!!!  Finally!!!

Dawn

Whoo  Hooo ....  

I am glad to hear that!  

Dawn   :D

kangasj

No kidding.  I've always loved the layout of that place (could use more run-off but that a whole diff. story) and it will be great not to get the shit beat out of ya every time you go off the line for a pass..

Nate R

YESSS!   ;D  :D  ;D  :D  8)

It will be VERY nice starting fresh there. Hmm, first race weekend, Freshly prepped SV, freshly paved track. What could be better?

The bumps at that place made me a little uneasy about trying to increase lean angle over the course of my first weekend. I guess I don't have to worry. I'm even more anxious now, and it's only November!

And no more HUGE puddles, hopefully.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

TZDeSioux

Does this mean that lap times will drop?  :D

Protein Filled

Damn, I guess there goes my practice time
for the local motocross races...

I hope that they at least keep that triple going
into turn one as well as the tabletop over
by turn 6a.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Dawn

QuoteDamn, I guess there goes my practice time
for the local motocross races...

I hope that they at least keep that triple going
into turn one as well as the tabletop over
by turn 6a.

LOL!!!!   ;D

Remember, becareful for what you wish for.

Dawn   ;)

Eddie#200

QuoteDoes this mean that lap times will drop?  :D

I can't resist.... Sorry!

Not for you..... ;D

Protein Filled

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Dawn

QuoteI can't resist.... Sorry!

Not for you..... ;D

Hey Eddie:

I noticed on your site that you 'pratice on the Wisconsin letter roads.'  Is that to throw the authorities off your trail so that when they pull you over you can say:  'Sorry officer, that wasn't me - I only go fast in Wisconsin?   ??? ;)

Dawn   :)

Eddie#200

Quote;D  ;D  ;D

good one eddie!!!!

He left himself WIDE OPEN!   ;D ;D ;D

Eddie#200

QuoteHey Eddie:

I noticed on your site that you 'pratice on the Wisconsin letter roads.'  Is that to throw the authorities off your trail so that when they pull you over you can say:  'Sorry officer, that wasn't me - I only go fast in Wisconsin?   ??? ;)

I guess that's true... dang it, came in second in Fla.  Should have said I went fast running from alligators too might have helpped.   ;D

TZDeSioux

QuoteI can't resist.... Sorry!

Not for you..... ;D

>:( I suppose I did leave myself wide open for that one.  ;D

TZDeSioux

Quote;D  ;D  ;D

good one eddie!!!!

What the! I thought we were friends man!  >:(

KBOlsen

Paving the racing surface... or the pit area??

This is great news!!!  WOOHOO!

Is it April yet???
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

SliderPhoto

QuoteIs it April yet???

My thoughts exactly. April 1st?  ::)

rmahr137

now if they repaved the track, and paved the infield, that would be sweet!!!!!

Dawn

Quotenow if they repaved the track, and paved the infield, that would be sweet!!!!!

'The dust is just flavor to a High Life man....'   ;D

rmahr137

I'm not a "High Life" man anymore, I am drinking that new Michelob Ultra, don't want to get fat over the winter!!!!

Dawn

QuoteI'm not a "High Life" man anymore, I am drinking that new Michelob Ultra, don't want to get fat over the winter!!!!

I wouldn't drink any beer that would use a balloon as advertising.  http://www.anheuser-busch.com/news/Fossett.htm

I will only drink a beer that promotes race fuel and tire smoke!   ;D

YTAK_Racing

How slippery will a green track in early April be.??
 :o :o

EX#996

QuoteHow slippery will a green track in early April be.??
 :o :o

Depends if we have snow or not - (he he he)   ;D

Dawn  ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Gixxer124

Hey Craig, wasn't  this on your Christmas wish list? ???

roadracer797

Kevin
Yes it was and see when I wish for something it comes true. Now what else did I wish for or maube I should try something different like a new entrance back on to the straight at Gateway.
Craig

kangasj

QuotePaving the racing surface... or the pit area??

This is great news!!!  WOOHOO!

Is it April yet???
This is the e-mail I got.

Hi,

As you read this, repaving of the track is in process.  Hopefully, I will be able to upload some pictures of the process onto the website (no promises, but I'll try)

Hope you have a great winter!
Nancy Irwin

KBOlsen

Craig... Since you seem to have a "gift", can I send you my "wish list"? ;)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Bam55

Reminder to all my mid-west compadres, cars run there before us, that means you will find torn up spots right away between the new b-top stripes!!!
Be careful w/your excitement, in 92' or 93' when they changed turn 3 into 3a, 3b, and 3c and we finally raced on the new surface, it was so torn up from the cars they already had patched it up a couple of times.

P.J."Thorny" Thornton
Expert Mid-West #55

kangasj

QuoteReminder to all my mid-west compadres, cars run there before us, that means you will find torn up spots right away between the new b-top stripes!!!
Be careful w/your excitement, in 92' or 93' when they changed turn 3 into 3a, 3b, and 3c and we finally raced on the new surface, it was so torn up from the cars they already had patched it up a couple of times.

P.J."Thorny" Thornton
Expert Mid-West #55
Well, hopefully they will use a more durable surface this time.  They run cars on Putnam all the time and they don't tear up that surface.

mj

QuoteWell, hopefully they will use a more durable surface this time

Hot tar and pea gravel ;D

BRG

the whole track and the infield are getting repaved. check out www.roadracingworld.com they have all the info. right from one of the owners of blackhawk farms.

Baker  :o

sdiver68

Speaking of Gateway, our primary contact there thinks there is a chance they will at least repave the entrance to the straight to eliminate the big transition bump.  I'll post if I hear anything definite.

So, anything else you want Craig???
MCRA Race School Instructor

roadracer797

Ok Kim
 send it and I will see what I can do, no promises I just might have used them all up.
Ok now I know what else I want-------A new job that lets me race and practice all I want to and pays me for it---like that will happen. LOL
Craig

Dawn

QuoteOk now I know what else I want-------A new job that lets me race and practice all I want to and pays me for it---
Craig

Craig:

If you find a lead on one of those jobs, let us know.  We are looking for the same thing!

roadracer797

Dawn
The first thing is to find it and if I do what makes you think I want you working with me Paul is ok but I'm not sure about you----You're trouble
Craig

EX#996

QuoteDawn
The first thing is to find it and if I do what makes you think I want you working with me Paul is ok but I'm not sure about you----You're trouble
Craig

Trouble  :o  

Who me   ???  I have no idea why you would think such a thing.

Paul and Dawn Buxton

roadracer797

Dawn
If you don't know why then you are having another senoir moment
Craig