Auto Bahn

Started by Chuck, December 16, 2004, 06:56:24 AM

Chuck

Does anyone know what configuration we will run?  The 1.4mi seems a bit short, the 2mi would be cool, but the 3.5mi course would be SWEET!

Burt Munro

Chuck,

I've been trying to keep up on Autobahn info as much as I can - I think the concept of the track is really interesting....

I think there will be near zero possibility that anyone will get to use the entire 3.5 mile layout for an event for at least the first couple of years.  You have to remember that the people who put money into this did so with the idea that they will have access to at least one of the tracks on a regular basis.

Maybe Kevin or Tiffiney can confirm this but, I'm pretty sure that we will use the 2.0 mile layout.  Especially considering that the Sept date is also a FUSA event.

Just my guess....  (with a little bit of background knowledge thrown in) ;D
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Chuck

Damn I was hoping for another Road America type of track, and with Auto Bahn being introduced as "another place to ride the liter bikes"  I thought for sure it'd be the longer course.

On another note...doesn't the Great plains venue this year seem to favore Chicago land riders a bit.  I'd love to see some more rounds at HPT, Gateway and MAM.  I guess if it where the other way around it wouldn't be fair to them though.  It just seems like I'll be making alot of trips north this next season.

SliderPhoto

QuoteI think there will be near zero possibility that anyone will get to use the entire 3.5 mile layout for an event for at least the first couple of years.  You have to remember that the people who put money into this did so with the idea that they will have access to at least one of the tracks on a regular basis.

That's kind of what I heard last year too. I did find out though that STT has a few full-course days, albeit not on weekends. So who knows...

G 97

NESBA will be running the full course on 15Aug and 26Sep.  

The 26Sep date is reserved just for Advanced level riders.  It will be for the entire day - no session, green track type of an event.

Full schedule

http://www.nesba.com/info/trackevents.aspx
G

Chuck

Ah yea this needs to be bumped.  I know it's not an official board but any influence on running the 3.5mi track that I can have I'm going to use.  Pleeeaaaase Tiff?

LMsports

Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net