2005 Pacific Region??

Started by digitalRoost, December 11, 2004, 07:11:09 PM

brian213

QuoteBrian:   The banquet is March 5, at 7:30 PM.  You can see the link on the CCS homepage.  It is for the SW AND Pacific regions.   :-/
Nice.  Thanks a lot.  I'll be able to meet you all proper like.

All of the way out in AZ.  Hmmm.  :)  Maybe I can decide to race that weekend then.  :)

Is that place the Best Western Dobson Ranch?  I know little about things in AZ.  :)

-BRian

brian213

QuoteAlso, I have added additional runoff in 6 of the turns this week (200ft in one turn)...hopefully be finished by tomorrow or Wednesday. Not that there was really a problem, just trying to smooth out a little bit of the desert.
Hey Roger, would you kindly come out to WSIR and do that as well? :)  There's tons of run off, but it's VERY deserty (rocks, bumps, etc).

-Brian

MZGirl

Ray:  You and your boy best be gettin' as much track time as possible at Arroyo.  YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT!!!!!    :P

Unless you like the look of my #196 labeled rear.   ;D ;)

RAY_HYMER

HMMMMMMMM!!!

Do I detect a challenge? :D  

How about a fun little contest? ;D

Maybe some sort of points accumulation for the year for specific classes that we would already run?  The Hymers vs the Beastley's?   ::)

Winner buys dinner!   :o

MZGirl

You're on!  (Though you don't want me pokin fun at your last name to get you back  :-X ;)).

I say we make Ultra Lightweight Superbike the throw down class.  That class needs more lovin' & attention anyways, and I think the 4 of us have bikes to race in it.  A little family rivalry should do some good for that class.  And the class is oddball, just like us.   ;)  We'll make Roger & Cory our online "witnesses" for the inception of the challenge.

Dinner it is!   :D

RAY_HYMER

Well, I wasn't planning to run ULSB, but what the heck!  My EX500's all suck (various states of disrepair!), and the Bandit 400 is WAY SLOW!!  Plus, we don't know what race they will be combining it with!

I kinda like LWSB or GT Lights, though.  I'm not sure how fast the CR500 is, so that may be unfair, but I know your Muz is faster than Steven's or my SV650!  >:(

I have no plans for any engine work on my SV650, so it will be Supersport legal.

We could make it a 2 stage thing, like you vs me in a lightweight race, and Zac vs Steven in a middlewieght race!
 I'll take the challenge, but let's make it for dinner on each weekend! :P

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteIf it's on a weekday I only need a few days notice. Weekends lots more notice! There is one weekend open in January still and we also have trackdays on Jan 15-16th.

Roger,
I'll give you a call to workout the logistics.  It probably won't be for a week or so as I have some other things going on that will impact my schedule both now and then (when I think I would like to come out and ride).

Ray,
I can think of a few that would want to ride during the week (cheapest rates) but the more the merrier.

I'll let you know when I know more.

Dave

Zac

QuoteWell, I wasn't planning to run ULSB, but what the heck!  My EX500's all suck (various states of disrepair!), and the Bandit 400 is WAY SLOW!!  Plus, we don't know what race they will be combining it with!

I kinda like LWSB or GT Lights, though.  I'm not sure how fast the CR500 is, so that may be unfair, but I know your Muz is faster than Steven's or my SV650!  >:(

I have no plans for any engine work on my SV650, so it will be Supersport legal.

We could make it a 2 stage thing, like you vs me in a lightweight race, and Zac vs Steven in a middlewieght race!
 I'll take the challenge, but let's make it for dinner on each weekend! :P

I like the ULWSB idea, it's the only class Elaine and I were both planning on running.  It would also be wicked fun to watch the cutthroat action on a bunch of oddball bikes.  Oddball bikes are way cool.

I was planning on ULWSB on the CR and LWGP on the TZ, as those are the only classes those bike are really competitive in.  I'll probably ride one or two more classes too, like GTL on the CR or GTU on the TZ (I can't believe that a little tiny 250 is not allowed to race all the big 650s in GTL...)

-z.

SlowDragon

What impeccable timing. Mailed my license renewal in yesterday and found this thread today   :o

Hopefully the rumors are not true. It would be great to see CCS back at Thunderhill - just don't schedule an event to coincide with an AFM event this time!

Al_Soran

Zac or Ray,

Does anyone know what the class breakdown will be at Arroyo? The tentative schedule states "limited CCS classes". I'll be running AM Lightweight Formula 40 and Ultralight Superbike.
Ray, I believe we may have met at Firebird in Oct, I'm racing Paul Laffy's old EX500.

Thanks,

Ed

..... count me as an "also ran!"

Zac

QuoteZac or Ray,

Does anyone know what the class breakdown will be at Arroyo? The tentative schedule states "limited CCS classes". I'll be running AM Lightweight Formula 40 and Ultralight Superbike.
Ray, I believe we may have met at Firebird in Oct, I'm racing Paul Laffy's old EX500.

Thanks,

Ed

..... count me as an "also ran!"

CCS classes:
Lightweight Superbike (but will also allow 125s)
Lightweight GP (but also allows 748/9)
Middleweight Supersport
Middleweight Superbike
Heavywieght Supersport
Heavywieght Superbike
Unlimited Supersport
Unlimited Superbike
Formula Arroyo/Formula Amatuer (same as Unlimited GP)
Formula 40 (open bikes allowed)

ASMA Only Classes:
Beginner (open bikes)
Formula Femme (female riders, open bikes)
Southwest Thunder (singles, twins, and triples)
Modern Vintage (10 year and older)
Team Sprints (two riders, one bike, mandatory rider change halfway, fun)

Currently we don't have hardly any SVs out there, so last year both the LWSB and LWGP (formerly known as Lightweight Twins & Singles and Formula 2 respectively) championships were won by a Hawk, with some singles filling out the top ranks.  We don't have an ultra-lightweight class, but if we had the numbers to justify it we could try to get it added.  The track doesn't reward horsepower that much, so bring the EX out.

I belive for the combined CCS SW / ASMA races all the CCS and ASMA classes will run, probably on a two day schedule.

-z.

Roger@ASMA

Actually we'll only be doing the ASMA/CCS classes we normally run during those events.

CCS classes:
Lightweight Superbike (but will also allow 125s)
Lightweight GP (but also allows 748/9)
Middleweight Supersport
Middleweight Superbike
Heavywieght Supersport
Heavywieght Superbike
Unlimited Supersport
Unlimited Superbike
Formula Arroyo/Formula Amatuer (same as Unlimited GP)
Formula 40 (open bikes allowed)

ASMA Only Classes:
Beginner (open bikes)
Formula Femme (female riders, open bikes)
Southwest Thunder (singles, twins, and triples)
Modern Vintage (10 year and older)
Team Sprints (two riders, one bike, mandatory rider change halfway, fun)

Zac is responsible for our 05 class structure with the exception of the added Supersport classes.....go ahead...flame him  ;D

Seriously though, your EX will be fun here and competitive in the LW Superbike and LW GP