News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Off topic... Women troubles

Started by Xian_13, December 09, 2004, 04:39:38 PM

Baltobuell

Corner, apparently you were involved with a woman that had the talent to change the topic if she felt like she had no point to her gripe or was seeing it was illogical, so nothing ever got resolved.
 When you have a dissagreement, check yourself constantly, and I mean constantly. If you feel like your voice is changing in volume or pitch it means you are loosing control because of your frustration. Ta Da, so who's in control. They can be pretty darn sneaky that way and if you don't catch on, she won't loose an argument. You'll just give up.
  Sorry ladies, I'm sure all of you are well above such tactics.

cornercamping

QuoteCorner, apparently you were involved with a woman that had the talent to change the topic if she felt like she had no point to her gripe or was seeing it was illogical, so nothing ever got resolved.
 When you have a dissagreement, check yourself constantly, and I mean constantly. If you feel like your voice is changing in volume or pitch it means you are loosing control because of your frustration. Ta Da, so who's in control. They can be pretty darn sneaky that way and if you don't catch on, she won't loose an argument. You'll just give up.
  Sorry ladies, I'm sure all of you are well above such tactics.

Actually, I don't argue with my wife.  I let her argue with herself and drive herself nuts.  So, I always win because I never argued.  ;)  It's funny watching her get all mad because she's looking for an argument, but won't get it from me, right or wrong.  Then, when I think her head is about to start spinning, I just say:

"Look at me.  You can't be mad at me."

and, she can't.  When I say that, she'll start laughing and call me an a-hole.

But yeah, my ex-girlfriend was good at switching up the subject when she's realized she can't win.  That's why she's an ex.   For instance, we went to the movies one time.  She wanted to see some stupid movie and I was like no way.  So, she got all mad because she seemed to think I always picked and she never got a choice.  Then, when she saw I wouldn't give up, the arguement switch to me "never taking her out like I use to." ::)  But, then that didn't work, and she'd go home all pissed.  It was quite funny most of the time.

Otherwise, me and the wife get along just great.  She just argues with the wall, and it makes her fell better.  ;D

TrackBrat

Quote;D  Ain't that the truth.   ;D

;D  (man laughing his ass off in background)  He knows what side the bread is buttered on!  And so do I!!  AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH...............Life is good!!   ;)

cornercamping

Super Dave

What was the original question?

Many years ago, one of my girl friends said to me, "You're never getting married, are you?"

I stopped.

At the time, I think she was right.  I was in my early twenties racing when I could, contract in hand, struggling.  I had a college degree, but I wasn't using it.  I had some things that I needed to learn, but I didn't know it.

Regardless, I wasn't looking to get married at the time, so the relationship that I had was fine with her.  

She moved on in her life.  She was looking for something that I didn't have.  I enjoyed the companionship and the benefits, but anything further was more that I was willing to do.

A couple years later I met Amy who would be my wife.  I really recognized that almost immediately.  Lucky, really.  It was the right time of my life, and we had a certain commonality that was a lot of fun.

Isn't that like racing?  This is fun!  Really. the relationship, whether it's marriage, companionship, or whatever, it should be fun.

But tell me something else about racing....

Which is just like a relationship...

Some times it should be challenging.

Hey, I'm gonna have ideas.  They are going to be outlandish, etc.  I fully expect my wife to call me on it.  I might protest, make my case, etc., but that's the way it is.  If I can't respect my wife, or other people that I have relationships with, to have a blow out "discussion" with...hey, what is anyone worth?

I'm the lucky and unfortunate one that I race motorcycles and help a whole lot of people.  I've given tons of my time, and given up tons of my family's money, to try to give some opportunities to other racers.  Because of my wife's schedule, she doesn't come very often to races.  And how much time would she get to spend with me anyway?  I usually end up spending more time on other's stuff than my own.  Do I wish that it were different sometimes?  Yeah.

So, Xian...

If you've got chatter...

Are you doing the same thing every time looking for a different result? If so, why?  

I knew guys that had longer strings of short term relationships.  I don't think those served them very well.  If you've at least had longer relationships, maybe you're not doing so bad.  

You need to ask yourself what you're looking for.  And a lot of that's got to start inside your own head.

Ball's in your court...

And I guess sometimes...maybe you have to say no...
Super Dave