News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Off topic... Women troubles

Started by Xian_13, December 09, 2004, 04:39:38 PM

Xian_13

This is more of a vent then anything...

But most of of the people here are married or in long term Relationships...

How much does one tolerate before you through in the towel?

When I say tolerate, I do not mean actions like Lying, cheating or conspiring againt you.

Having a string of long term relationships that end after a few years... I am sitting in the same boat again. I feel like I am chasing "chatter" in the suspension of my bike... There is no way to explain it.. its just chatter  :-X

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

dylanfan53

I dunno, but I'd rather try to figure out chatter in a suspension than a woman.  :-/
Don Cook
CCS #53

EX#996

It takes two to make a relationship work....

If you're finding that the same thing keeps happening over and over again - I hate to say it - but perhaps its time you take a look at yourself.   People are attracted to a certain type of person, unfortunately, that person may not be the best match for you.  You may need to 'broaden' your horizons a bit and go out with someone you would have never considered before.

Good luck...

... the dating scene sucks.  Thank God I got out.

Dawn   ;)

P.S.  Paul and I set the rules from the beginning of our relationship, if either one of cheated, there would be....  Well you know.

Paul and Dawn Buxton

GSXR RACER MIKE

Xian, don't feel too bad, I gave up on relationships years ago! Defenitely a great feeling to be able to do what you want, when you want, with who ever you want. :)

It was far too late for me before I figured out that women WANT controversy in their lives (as/per my observations). I did it all wrong and was a nice guy, man was that wrong! All the guys I know that treat their woman like dirt (to some degree) have them staying by their side thru it all, go figure!?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

cornercamping

QuoteHow much does one tolerate before you through in the towel?

In my honest opinion, if you have to ask, chances are you are already at that point.  But, before you make that decision, make sure your that's what your asking and it's not induced from other sources.

Good luck

Baltobuell

I don't know how old you are but it sounds like you don't have kids yet. If not, go find a PARTNER or go to counseling to see if she wants to become partners. Once you do have kids it's too late to make changes without the rest of your life being difficult.
 People fight about 3 things, seriously, only 3. Sex, Money, and Power. Identify where your problems are coming from and you can solve them. With masked bags of garbage being thrown around it's hard to identify, but it sounds like power to me and she's searching to control you or your money.
 Another reality is, the only person you can really control is yourself and most people aren't even too good at that.

PS: From personal observation, so don't take this as fact, but it seems the HOT factor plays a big role in power struggles. If she's smokin hot, she's used to guys eating a yard of shi* to get where it came from. If that's the case, it was a fun ride but it's time to move on. Life is too short. Good Luck.

spyderchick

QuotePeople fight about 3 things, seriously, only 3. Sex, Money, and Power.

It's all about 1 thing...power. Sex and money are forms of power and control.

Just my lil' ol' 2 cents.

Xian, don't know what you can do, but Dawn is right. It takes two to tango, and even then, someone has to lead. Discuss up front all of the things that will make a good match for you. A short list would include: politics, ethics, financial style, lifestyle, do you want to have kids, how would you raise those kids, religion, health, "baggage" from other relationships...etc.

You can disagree, but you have to prioritize and compromise on important stuff or it won't work. If you can't talk without shouting, that's a bad sign. If you keep things from each other, even worse. You each have to think about your contributions to the relationship, good and bad.

Good luck. I wish you happiness in love.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Mark Bernard

Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Baltobuell

"It's all about 1 thing...power. Sex and money are forms of power and control. "
 Alexa, you left yourself wide open there but I'll be nice ;D can be, not "are"

Jeff

Marriage is one of the most rewarding/difficult/painful things a person could go through.  

I've been in a marriage that was doomed to fail for 14 years (next wed 12/15).  Everyone said we were stupid and would not make it.  We're still here...

Is it easy? no.  Is it fun?  Sometimes..  Is it worth it?  You bet.

It's about compromise, listening, forgiving and patience.  It's not a 50/50 environment.  It's a 100/100 environment.

I wish I could say I'm the perfect husband and have it all figured out, but I can't say that.  I make mistakes, I take more than I give, I interrupt and don't listen.  But at the end of it all, I wouldn't trade my Wife for the world, and I'd give the world for her.  

If you enter a relationship thinking that divorce is an option, you will fail.  Go in with the concept that it's NOT an option and you'll do much better.

We've spent the majority of our marriage very isolated from family.  We typically lived +1000 miles from any family member.  This did us very well.  It forced us to work out our own problems vice the 'give up and run to mommy' approach which I see too often from others.

Now, we're about 200 mi from family, and that's about the closest I'd care to be.

I don't know.  I guess God smiled on us when he brought us together...  
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

TrackBrat

It's take a lot of compromise and love to keep a relationship going! My boyfriend and I have been together for eight years, of those eight we have "thrown in the towel" and got back together ten times. Sad huh?  The simple fact is we realized we were not happy without each other. If the good times outweigh the bad, it's worth fighting for.  

My boyfriend has finally realized that:  
" Women always have the last word........the next word out of a man's mouth is the start of a new arguement. "  ;D ;D   ;)

Chuck

Einstien did a study on women and his only conclusion was that women don't know what they want.  How in the world are we as men to figure out what they want and what keeps them happy if they don't even know.  I just try and stay out of the way and gladly hand her my wallett on demand.  That usually pacifies her for an hour or so.  ;)