News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

my website :D

Started by r6_philly, December 09, 2004, 10:22:55 AM

r6_philly

ok after 10 years of being in the web biz, I finally have a personal site :)

www.dafanz.com

hope you all like it :D

and anyone/company needs web work, design or application development, don't forget me ;) forte is db-driven dynamic sites.

Dawn

Very nice..

It loaded beautifully at work, it's going to be interesting to see how quickly it loads at home with dial-up.

Dawn   :)

r6_philly

about 15-20 seconds load time on 56k. But it only loads once, most image stays in place, so it isn't a horribly big deal. images size about 80 k total

Dawn

Because of all the repeaters I need to go through, I get 26.6 bps.  Then again, not everyone lives out in the middle of nowhere like we do.

Lowe119

The info doesn't show on my Mozilla Firefox. I must need a plugin or something

ecumike

Ohhh Dafan.... Code no workie on Netscape/mozilla  :D

r6_philly

I know, for the 5 percent people who doesn't use IE, I have not finished the morzilla version of the javascript... sorry  ;D

in a couple of days or I will be lazy and put it in a ilayer. if you don't have IE at all, bare with me lol I will get it going.

r6_philly

I am lazy and just made netscape normal scroll.

if you guys using any other version of browser see anything not right let me know. I haven't used DHTML on a cross platform site for a while. I usually stay away from the browser independent codes and just use tables, but this is supposed to a "cool" personal site lol

Mark Bernard

Loaded up nicely. Nice layout. Good job!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

ekraft84

QuoteI am lazy and just made netscape normal scroll.
stay away from the browser independent codes and just use tables, but this is supposed to a "cool" personal site lol

Yeah man, tableless design is where it's at.  Div tags!  :)

Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia

WebCrush

Quoteok after 10 years of being in the web biz, I finally have a personal site :)

www.dafanz.com

'bout time ya slacker.

and 10 years?  c'mon, lets get real.  back in '94 the internet consisted of telnet and gopher.  i don't think true html pages (no, Mac Hypercard apps don't count) came around till 96ish. :D

r6_philly

Quote'bout time ya slacker.

and 10 years?  c'mon, lets get real.  back in '94 the internet consisted of telnet and gopher.  i don't think true html pages (no, Mac Hypercard apps don't count) came around till 96ish. :D

http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/book4/ch02.html

we started messing with the orignal mark up language and mosaic browser in 94 as a project :) it only say 7 years on my resume, but I have been messing with this stuff since it began. my first paid contract was in 97. how bout I say 10 years in the industry? or field? lol