We are living in the future...

Started by dylanfan53, December 06, 2004, 06:15:17 PM

dylanfan53

So this is what the gurus thought a home computer would look like in 2004!
 ;D ;D

P.S.
Dawn, please pull this if the BBS doesn't want us to post pics.  I just thought it was funny.
Don Cook
CCS #53

EX#996

Don:

I absolutely loved it!  So much so that I had Renee come and look at it too.

Dawn   :D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton

cornercamping

You mean your guys computers don't look like that  ???

:P

ecumike

you know that's a hoax, right?

Sorry to spoil the fun. :D

dylanfan53

QuoteBTW...

What's with the wheel?

Oh crap!!!
I just googled 1954 Rand home computer and got this...
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_rand_home_computer.htm
It's a fake!  
It's a mock up of a submarine!!!  ARGHH!!  :o :o
If you have any mercy you'll pull this whole thread down before Chris sees it! I swear I didn't know it.  Why me, God, Why me!?!
 :-[ :-[ :-[
Don Cook
CCS #53

EX#996

Aaahhhhhh...

That explains the wheel....  (and all the dials, leave it to analytical Renee to start asking all the 'why' questions).

I don't care, I still love it.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Chef

That IS funny  :P

But Don, You can delete your own posts...
top right...

I was gonna gess the wheel to be for antenna guidance
 ;D  gotta get reception   ::)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

EX#996

Well here's a picture that is not a hoax of the IBM 704 computer.

;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

dylanfan53

QuoteThat IS funny  :P

But Don, You can delete your own posts...
top right...

I was gonna gess the wheel to be for antenna guidance
 ;D  gotta get reception   ::)

Oh well, might as well let Chris have his laugh at my expense.  Ever since I wapped him last summer he calls me the submarine captain. I don't know if I'll ever live it down.  :)

I was over reading your post about stunts and safety.  That's a pretty damning report by Inside Edition. I wonder if they'd bother to listen to anyone telling them about safety.

How's your knee?  
Don Cook
CCS #53

Chef

QuoteOh well, might as well let Chris have his laugh at my expense.  Ever since I wapped him last summer he calls me the submarine captain. I don't know if I'll ever live it down.  :)

I was over reading your post about stunts and safety.  That's a pretty damning report by Inside Edition. I wonder if they'd bother to listen to anyone telling them about safety.

How's your knee?  

I was wondering the -whole- while, what that "captain" thing was about... :o  I missed it..

With the level of Competition on the street, it's pretty fitting that these guys Chose the #1 part in the #1 Stunnas,......

There's still remaining a bunch of seasoned street riders heading up other clubs and known to have concerns, "Deaths on the streets" has been a pretty hott topic in Chicago for the past 4-5 months, But it really just comes and goes.. (the number of "grim fatalities", thats what gets the attention, "someone saw it" death) everyone knows (if youve been around for a while) In CHICAGO this year, last year (nearby) Indiana, Wisconsin... The traffic death toll was up...
I was one of the VAST majority, I risked my life for nothing when you add it up (maybe), I want to issue a serious public "call out" when the time comes (now) That "how can you truly be the best if you havent beaten everyone" and TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, NO, I dont know if EVERYONE can be reached, But the vast majority shouldnt take more than 7-9 yrs to "turn"...  

And also, I like the XSBA/FormulaUsa... And I like that CCS had a STUNT SHOW in 04...

And Inside Edition has to keep the ratings, I dont knock them, they are one of my favs, but I now KNOW 1ST HAND the dealings of, lessay local Chicago TV news reporters requesting and conducting interviews only to air perfect examples of why the word "edit" is in their name... it's in the game...

The knee is, really, going really good, but,.... starting rehab now.. we start to really push it this week..

Nite..
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

K3 Chris Onwiler

ping.... ping.... ah, Captain, we have a LARGE blip on screen, looks like a K3 class battleship....  ping.... ping....  That Devil!  Where did he come from?  Battle Stations!  All hands, battle stations! Load forward tubes.... ping... ping... Need a firing solution... Ping...Ping...Ping... ah, sonar reports K3 class coming hard a port, dead Ahead! PINGPINGPINGPING!!!!!!!!!!  Woah!  All engines full reverse!  Prepare for impact!  DIVE! DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com