Winter Hobbies?

Started by SliderPhoto, December 06, 2004, 10:49:30 AM

SliderPhoto

You guys need to find something to do. You're already getting grumpy!  :P

Super Dave

LOL!

Hobbies?

Wait for ice to form.  Go ride on ice.

Got my H1 frame back from being powder coated...try to assemble it for Daytona...

I'm gonna play Madden NFL 2004 right now though... 8)
Super Dave

SliderPhoto

Where did you get it powder coated? Mukwonago? I need to get the F4 repainted and I think I'd like to strip it down and do the frame as well. I tore the RC down last year and swapped motors for fun. It still ran pretty good. :)

speedster_1

Winter hobbies...Saving money!!!!  ...after xmas!

dwilson

After I finish my H2 -> SV project I want to pick up a used jet engine to play with.  

Chuck

Indoor pocket bike racing for me  ;D

Dave I pictured you to be over the video games by now...I'm sooo bringing X box to the next BHFs event.  I'll kick your A$$.  ;)

cornercamping

MotoGP 4 will be out soon  :D

Old808

QuoteMotoGP 4 will be out soon  :D
How's that a change from your summer racing?  ;D

BTW, what's the deal about all the bikes you DON'T own in your signature line?  ???

H-man

Puttering in the garage working on the bikes, duck hunting and snowboarding 8)  

Well, since I just started last winter.  It's more like tumbling down a hill while wearing a snowboard  ;D

H-man
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Chuck

QuotePuttering in the garage working on the bikes, duck hunting and snowboarding 8)  

Well, since I just started last winter.  It's more like tumbling down a hill while wearing a snowboard  ;D

H-man

lmfao

OmniGLH

My winter hobbies include playing XBOX, and uhhhhh, playing XBOX online via XBOX Live.

Oh yeah... and sleeping.  Lots of sleeping in on the weekends.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

QuoteIndoor pocket bike racing for me  ;D

Where at?  Are you guys doing it at the Kart place in Bettendorf?
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Jeff

Too cold to ride
Too hot for ice
05 600rr isn't out yet
broke as hell from all those presents (for me)
and I've had 2 bad flights today...  (sitting in Anaheim, CA right now)

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

cornercamping

QuoteHow's that a change from your summer racing?  ;D

BTW, what's the deal about all the bikes you DON'T own in your signature line?  ???

1.  ::)  We'll see what happens this summer.

2. Making fun of smoke.  He was making fun of me about something or other.  Read about it :

http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1101839484

Chef

QuoteToo cold to ride
Too hot for ice
05 600rr isn't out yet
broke as hell from all those presents (for me)
and I've had 2 bad flights today...  (sitting in Anaheim, CA right now)

HEEEYYYY! JEFF!!!
I used to live in Anahiem  ;D.. nice City!!!

Well, just really wanted to say wussup since I havent talked to ya since i've been off! and to find we're on at the same time.. cool..
Everything is going great and I hope you can be patient enuff to get back to your pascifier (Jen)  :D

Anyway, talk ta ya soon, Bro.!!!
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Chuck

QuoteWhere at?  Are you guys doing it at the Kart place in Bettendorf?

Nope...right here in good ole KC.  We have a wharehouse we set up different track configurations in.  Almost the most fun I've had on 2 wheels.  

I did however meet a friend of both Dan Ortega and yours on a pocket bike forum.  He recognized CCS in my signature and said he was pretty good buddies with the 2 of you.

Chef

QuoteIndoor pocket bike racing for me  ;D
 quote]

Hey, I wanna go too!!!
Where do we meet up at???

QuoteDave I pictured you to be over the video games by now...I'm sooo bringing X box to the next BHFs event.  I'll kick your A$$.  ;)

I'm playing the winner!!!
both of you stink  ;D
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Chuck

Chef

QuoteYour on Chef!  ;)

Okay..

But when do we meet up for pocketbike racing???

Super Dave

QuoteWhere did you get it powder coated? Mukwonago? I need to get the F4 repainted and I think I'd like to strip it down and do the frame as well. I tore the RC down last year and swapped motors for fun. It still ran pretty good. :)

Tom Fredericks hooked me up.  All by him.  Friends of his.  I'm completed indebted to his help on this.  Much better than I would have hoped.  

You have his number?
Super Dave

Chuck

We'll have to talk styles into having races again in front of the shop again at the next BHFs event.

Rosno and Perk went nuts on 90s last year...I was rolling.

Chef

Super_One,  ;D

Can I try the Ice with you this year?

Chef

QuoteWe'll have to talk styles into having races again in front of the shop again at the next BHFs event.

Rosno and Perk went nuts on 90s last year...I was rolling.

well, ya think you can find room for me?..

(wait, sounds like a bit of a hike from Chi) how many hours driving?...

Chuck

You'll already be there racing the Great Plains CCS round ding dong!  ;)

Jeff

you can ride ice with me Ike...  I'll have the 450 and 150 out...

Just be forewarned that once you try it, you'll be spending money because it's a "must-have"...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

I lover ridng on the ice...

But I'm limited to when I get invitations.  I just don't have money to have a play bike, let alone ice tires.  I did about eleven years ago.  And it was about that long since I last rode...until Jesse and Steve Janisch invited me out again.  It was great.

And my Yamaha dealer... http://www.sportsmanspark.net  ...well, they are on a lake, so we try to run each over as much as we can get an opportunity to do so...
Super Dave

dylanfan53

Quote.  It was great.

And my Yamaha dealer... http://www.sportsmanspark.net  ...well, they are on a lake, so we try to run each over as much as we can get an opportunity to do so...

Dave,
That's not Joe Brown's old snowmobile place in Delavan is it? I used to buy snowmobiles from him a long time ago. Just curious.  
Don Cook
CCS #53

Thingy

QuoteMy winter hobbies include playing XBOX, and uhhhhh, playing XBOX online via XBOX Live.

Oh yeah... and sleeping.  Lots of sleeping in on the weekends.
Will you be playing HALO II online.  I can look for you after Christmas.  

Also, I have been to Bettendorf with several CCS and NESBA guys.  I am 'in' for that too.  There is nothing better than 10 bike guys walking into that place with $500 helmets.  Theywonder what the heck is going on.   ;D
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Protein Filled

I'll be ice riding next weekend. We are taking a trip up to Fargo to go riding with Robbie Jensen. No need to wait up here. That is the one benefit of living up here... Not like I am rubbing it in or anything  ;D ;D

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Super Dave

QuoteDave,
That's not Joe Brown's old snowmobile place in Delavan is it? I used to buy snowmobiles from him a long time ago. Just curious.  

Don't know.  It's right on HWY 50 on Lake Delavan.
Super Dave

pmoravek

How do I stay busy all winter?

I work my a$$ off to pay for my roadracing addiction.
Anybody wanna buy some exersize equipment?
 ;D

OmniGLH

QuoteWill you be playing HALO II online.  I can look for you after Christmas.  

Also, I have been to Bettendorf with several CCS and NESBA guys.  I am 'in' for that too.  There is nothing better than 10 bike guys walking into that place with $500 helmets.  Theywonder what the heck is going on.   ;D

OH yeah.  Halo 2 and MotoGP 2.  Look me up when you get it... my screenname is (drumroll please...) OmniGLH.  :)  I've got a group of friends who usually get together and play a few times a week (and get our butts kicked by most random 9-year-olds who find their way into our game...)

And Bettendorf was cool.  It's been 2 years since I've been out there, but I know what you mean  :)  There's a place nearby me here in Chicago (Chicago Indoor Racing) that we hit every now and again - most of the people think we're each some kind of hotshot race car driver because of our helmets  :)  

Little do they know I can't control 4 wheels NEARLY as well as I can control 2!  
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

QuoteNope...right here in good ole KC.  We have a wharehouse we set up different track configurations in.  Almost the most fun I've had on 2 wheels.  

I did however meet a friend of both Dan Ortega and yours on a pocket bike forum.  He recognized CCS in my signature and said he was pretty good buddies with the 2 of you.

Ah that'd be NastyN8.  That boy could ride the heck out of a streetbike.  We tried and tried to get him on the track but couldn't get it done.  :(

I bet you're the guy he was talking about, then.. I know he said he met somebody online who knew who I was.  How often do you guys do the indoor racing there?  We might have to make our way out one of these weekends.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Chuck

QuoteAh that'd be NastyN8.  That boy could ride the heck out of a streetbike.  We tried and tried to get him on the track but couldn't get it done.  :(

I bet you're the guy he was talking about, then.. I know he said he met somebody online who knew who I was.  How often do you guys do the indoor racing there?  We might have to make our way out one of these weekends.

Every Sunday.  Sometimes during weekday evenings.  You welcome to come out...and yes it was nastyn8te that I met on line...good guy.

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuotePuttering in the garage working on the bikes, duck hunting and snowboarding 8)  

H-man

I've been downhill skiing almost every season since I started in '91. I'm looking to hit the slopes several times this season (not quite as literally as you though! :o ;)). Where have you gone to snowboard?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

StumpysWife

Stumpy's going snowboarding this winter, too.  

He's been hitting the gym hard for about a month now and has a spinner thing for his road bike inside, too. We do a lot of cross country skiing, which from a check on local conditions, I see the trails are ready.  Yay!

Other than that, his hobby seems to be figuring out how to work the three remotes to the entertainment system in Stumpy's Pub.  Now last night Johnson brought over a new fangled touch screen one to program all three into...I'll never see him again!

It's dark at 4:30 pm right now.  Ugh.  Getting moving after work is a project!

Heather

cornercamping

QuoteNow last night Johnson brought over a new fangled touch screen one to program all three into...I'll never see him again!

Heather

I have the same one.  The Sony right?  It doubles as a weapon too.  Yould kill someone with the thing  :P ;D

STRATTON

Hobbies?  How about racing and track days year around.  Move here to Phoenix and it's 365 days a year.

Chuck

I knew it wouldn't be long before a warm climate racer was going to chime in...

Dawn

QuoteHobbies?  How about racing and track days year around.  Move here to Phoenix and it's 365 days a year.

Nah, I couldn't afford it.  Winter is the time that I save up money to go racing.

;)

K3 Chris Onwiler

I was thinking that for a hobby I'd drive to Pheonix and smack the first smug looking racer who had the nerve to comment on all the salt stains on my car. >:( ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

OmniGLH

QuoteI was thinking that for a hobby I'd drive to Pheonix and smack the first smug looking racer who had the nerve to comment on all the salt stains on my car. >:( ;D

L
M
A
O
!!!!!!!
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

H-man

QuoteWhere have you gone to snowboard?

Since I just started, I haven't travelled to anyplace special.  I've gone to Pine Knob and Alpine Valley (2 mini hills/mounds of dirt in the metro Detroit area).

I've been to Crystal Falls (Benzie county in MI) for other reasons and would love to board there some time.  Maybe even Boyne.  I just don't picture myself travelling out west just to board.  Well... maybe if I won the lottery or there was some excellent adventure planned with friends (Hey K3!  I'll have a full tank when I pick you up.  Are you game for an adventure :o ;D)

H.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill