News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

re: absolute spam or virus reply from Absolute

Started by Absolute, November 30, 2004, 09:31:24 AM

Jeff

Dan, you know I'm just giving you a hard time...  It's done outta love.

Regardless of your actual appearance, you remind me of "Chunk" in the Goonies...  Much loved but always picked on...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Old808

QuoteSome people get really worked up over the amount of email they receive.  I know - it's what I do for a living.  I don't get it... it's just email... but it happens, and people take their email seriously.

Not trying to bag on Dan here... just stating that his reaction is actually pretty common.  
It's not that difficult to understand.  When your mailbox is full of trash, you have to spend a considerable amount of time sifting through it to make sure messages you actually need to read don't get lost in the shuffle.  After a while, the time you waste doing that adds up.  It wouldn't be a problem if you could have a 100% reliable filter but that doesn't exist.

Unsolicited mail is fine when it's something like what Absolute is doing, every few months.  But when you receive the same crap from the same people day after day, it gets old rapidly.

Protein Filled

QuoteBut when you receive the same crap from the same people day after day, it gets old rapidly.

Yeah, or when you receive 800-1000 spam emails a day it can be a bit of a pain in the ass. Due to the nature of my work, some of my email addresses are pretty public, so I get tons of spam. We use multiple spam filters, but I still need to sift through them to make sure nothing I really need got caught by mistake...
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!