News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

I have never had so much fun....

Started by EX#996, November 19, 2004, 11:42:34 AM

EX#996

... grocery shopping as I did today watching all the men who have come up north to deer hunt.  They wander aimlessly through the aisles trying to figure out what they are going to eat - criss-crossing the store time and time again only to realize when they check out they have forgotten something.

I'm sure most of them will make it out opening morning, but with as much beer as some of them purchased, there is no way in hell they're going to make it out on Sunday.

;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote... grocery shopping as I did today watching all the men who have come up north to deer hunt.  They wander aimlessly through the aisles trying to figure out what they are going to eat - criss-crossing the store time and time again only to realize when they check out they have forgotten something.

I'm sure most of them will make it out opening morning, but with as much beer as some of them purchased, there is no way in hell they're going to make it out on Sunday.

;)

Hey it could be worse. You should be out there when the Chicago businessmen come to WI to hunt because its the "in" thing (no offense to the guy from chicago that know what they are doing in the woods). My 2nd year hunting we seen a guy from chicago at the deer registration station sitting on a bench in handcuffs with 3 DNR wardens around him. Guy tried to register a HOLSTEIN as a deer.  :o The cow had horns so he thought it was a deer. SCary huh? COuple years later some group from chicago bought some old paper mill land and told us (we used to hunt that section, but it was pretty dead there) that it was private property and we cant hunt there. Big deal, we were hunting across the street. Half hour before the season opened we started walking to our stands. Soon as it was legal to start (visability still was too poor to shoot), those asshats started opening fire in all directions. Bullets hitting trees 3' above me. Lets just say you couldnt get any farther underground than I was. Words were said to them around lunch and they packed up and left for the day.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

EX#996

Public land and Illinois plates.....  not a good combination.

We have some stories, but they're not fitting for the board.  Needless to say that we hunt on our own private land now.

:)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

spyderchick

QuotePublic land and Illinois plates.....  not a good combination.

We have some stories, but they're not fitting for the board.  Needless to say that we hunt on our own private land now.

:)

And they say RACING is dangerous!
 ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

rotoboge

Quote... grocery shopping as I did today watching all the men who have come up north to deer hunt.;)

I would not know as the weather here in Phoenix, AZ is always nice enough to not have to "go north" ;)

StumpysWife

And in the UP, we're into week 2.  Stumpy's crazy friend tries to kidnap him every year for hunting, but ever since Stumpy went and shot a deer in the first 20 minutes, he hasn't gone back! That is quite a story.

Some guy got a 28 point--couldn't get his hands around the base of the horns.

Heather

K3 Chris Onwiler

Now the hunters are shooting each other!  I'll bet that adds a whole new wrinkle to the game!  It's a crazy world. ???
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Dawn

QuoteNow the hunters are shooting each other!  I'll bet that adds a whole new wrinkle to the game!  It's a crazy world. ???

That was just sad...  An out of state hunter on private land.  

Personally, I think they should put him out in a field and let the three survivors (once recovered) shoot him.   >:(

Dawn  

Burt Munro

Is this really a picture of Paul coming home from hunting?

Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

EX#996

Nope, that's not Paul.  He goes hunting in our 'back yard.'  No driving required.

:D
Paul and Dawn Buxton