F40 & LWF40 riders

Started by H-man, November 18, 2004, 05:28:25 AM

H-man

Does this describe anyone you know?

Recently, I was diagnosed with A. A. A. D. D.  Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests:

I decide to wash my car. As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table.
I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.   I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.  So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first.   But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left.  My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking.
I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.   I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.   I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.   I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.   I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote.  Someone left it on the kitchen table.  I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.  I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor.  So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.  Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.  

At the end of the day: the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.  Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Don't laugh -- if you're not over 40 yet, your day is coming!
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

StumpysWife

Yeeeahhhh....Stumpy hit this at about 21.  

I had a major case Friday getting ready for the party.

One bloody mary fixed that, though.  

;D

Heather

Super Dave

Maybe it's just a racer thing in general...

I do all those things...then, I think, hey, I'd really rather be racing or something.

But, right now, I'm just waiting for the lakes to freeze.
Super Dave

Mark Bernard

Been there, done that H-Man. And I know why too. All children are born with brain dammage, as they get older it goes away. About the age of 40 it starts comming back. By the age of 80 it has come full circle and back to brain dammage again. Bern.   :D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

CCSRacer114

Yep!  Been there or is it am there?  ???

I'm just trying to remember if it's Formula 40 with slicks or without!  ;D  

And can I run my 1000? (just kidding)

K3 Chris Onwiler

Third call?  Where are my gloves?  I'm wearing them?  But I didn't put on my helmet yet!  Is there gas in the bike?  Wait.  Which race is this? ???
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EX#996

QuoteThird call?  Where are my gloves?  I'm wearing them?  But I didn't put on my helmet yet!  Is there gas in the bike?  Wait.  Which race is this? ???

LOL!!!!

I remember helping you and Paul sort this out on more than one occasion.

Dawn   :D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

oldguy

Thank you, H-Man, Thank you, Thank you! I thought there was something seriously wrong with me and was going to schedule an alzheimers test to see what the he** was going wrong. I even considered giving up racing this year because I was afraid I'd forget which way the next turn went during a race. I guess if I can still get around the track, I'll keep at it. How about a F50 class with 'brella girls at every corner pointing out the way to turn?

K3 Chris Onwiler

Oldguy!  You live!  I still owe you $20! :-[
K3
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

oldguy

Why, yes you do. I thought I forgot, but then remembered I did forget.
Better that you owe it to me, than beat me out of it!  ;D So what are you doing this year? I wanted to come to the Wegman, but was chasing Senior Superbike with WERA. Now that I've proven I can't ride for sh*t, I may just show up this year for fun and to see all the gang again.
The kid crashed big time and broke his collar bone and shoulder blade so he retired. He's in the Nat. Guard and headed for flight training, so he decided he would cool it and not ruin his career. I, on the other hand, am not that smart. Or maybe I just keep forgetting the pain of crashing until I do it again. Getting old sucks!

K3 Chris Onwiler

Send me an e mail.  Then we can catch up on old times and new times.
K3

racerk3@aol.com

H-man

Uh... trouble sleeping or just getting in K3?  ;)

H.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill