Endurance  Racer(s) Wanted for 2005 Season

Started by TLR696CCS, November 16, 2004, 06:37:09 AM

TLR696CCS

Wanted: Endurance Racer(s)
Lone Wolf Cycles is accepting applications we are looking for one, possibly two racer(s) to be part of a new forming
Endurance Race Team for the 2005 season. This team will be competeing at selected events in the WERA National Endurance Series and the FUSA Team Challenge Series.
1. We ask that the racer have at least 2 seasons of road racing experience and has raced at least 8 weekends, within those 2 seasons. He/she can be an Amateur or Expert.
2. The plicant should live in one of the following states: NY, NJ, CT, PA. This makes it easier to get together for track days, open practice, meetings.
3. The applicant should have track knowledge of Summit Point Main Course, VIR-North, Loudon Raceway.
4. The applicant must agree to the conditions mentioned within the Endurance Team Rules stated below.
Endurance Racebike Setup / Team Costs / Team Rules
Lone Wolf Cycles will supply a stock 2003 Kawasaki ZX6RR and spares to the Endurance Team Riders for use in practice and competition. Lone Wolf Cycles will pay 70% of the total cost to bring the above mentioned motorcycle up to Middleweight Superbike specifications. The other 30% of these costs will be split evenly between the other members of the Endurance Team. The upgrades will be Suspension (front&rear), Race Exhaust, Motorwork (port/polish, Kawasaki Race cams, Rearsets, Racebodywork, Engine case covers and clip-ons. Approx. cost per team rider $400.00, to be paid no later then January 1, 2005.

Team Costs/Rules
1. All Endurance Team Riders will deposit $500 into a Crash Allocation Fund no later then February 15, 2005.
2. All Endurance Team Riders will split costs evenly between them for all of the following expenses:
a) Entry Fees
b) Practice Fees
c) Tires
d) Fuel
e) Mechanic/Crew
f) Brake pads
g) Safety equipment
h) Transponder fees
3. The expenses listed in Point #2 will be collected no later then 14 days prior to the scheduled event. In the case of a last minute cancellation by a team rider, his prepaid funds will be credited to him for the next event he participates in.
4. In case of a crash: Repairs and parts costs will be paid as follows: The rider who crashed the bike pays the first $400 in damages, then the remaining costs will be split by the other team riders. These funds will be taken out of the Crash Allocation Fund, that each rider has paid into. Thereafter all riders will bring their funds in the Crash Allocation Fund back up to $500.

Lone Wolf Cycles wishes to help provide a cost effective way for the indiviual racers with the team to get plenty of track/race experience with a fun atmosphere. Lone Wolf Cycles is the vehicle in which the team and racers become better prices on the equipment and parts we need. Since an Endurance Team uses more of everything: tires, fuel, spare parts, Lone Wolf Cycles is able to secure better prices from distributors and manufacturers for this reason. Please send your resume to:

Lone Wolf Cycles
133 Middle Island Blvd.
Middle Island, New York 11953

or email: Lonewolfcycles@optonline.net

Input, comments, constructive critisism, question are of course welcome!  :D

Jeff

QuoteInput, comments, constructive critisism, question are of course welcome!  :D

Move to the midwest.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

TLR696CCS

RADRB8

MD was not mentioned... ??? and SCREW Louden... ;D Not sure if I could be comfortable on a KAWI...?
Tactical Racing
ASRA #93
CCS # 93
TPM Coach #93
Never Underestimate the Old Guys...

2006 R6

WebCrush

Quoteand SCREW Louden...

why?  i don't remember ever seeing you there before.  don't knock it before you try it

Jeff

QuoteJeff,
Move to the MidAtlantic Region  ;)

:) I was there from 97-99.  Lived about 3 mi from summit point, right on that very road (forget the name of it).  It was always nice riding in the shennendoah mts, but if it wasn't for me moving to Iowa (land of flat/straight/corn), I wouldn't be racing.  Now I'm in WI, back where I started (grew-up) some 15 years after I left.  

You've got a good looking program.  Would definitely be something I'd like to run in the MW, but I haven't seen any sponsor interested in running an endurance program like yours.  (of course that might be due to the lack of endurance races in the MW).
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

K3 Chris Onwiler

The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

KBOlsen

My Mom lives in Delaware... does that count??
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Bernie

Damn Dave.  That sounds like a sweet deal.  :D

dylanfan53

QuoteMy Mom lives in Delaware... does that count??
Hey, I was born in Pittsburgh and used to live in NJ.  I got two out of four. Can I just have the bike?  ;D
Don Cook
CCS #53

TLR696CCS

Hey Bernie...and hello to another tiller rider Kim..
when my website is up and running, you will see a tribute to the much beloved TLR..I miss mine, I want to race SuperTwins again, about all I can do is get a Duc, then I will be bankrupt!! :o
I have two carbon copies 03 ZX6RR's now I need something that rumbles to race Heavyweight and Twins with.. hmmm.
AHH yes sorry to the residents of MD and WV you should be included in the search,, since I do know a fair amount of good racers from those states  ;D.
The weather has been so good up here, I say we can train  on what's left of Bridgehampton Raceway, that's only 35 minutes from me.. though we will need a golf cart to ride the other half of the track that is buried  under 18 holes of greens, fairways and sandtraps AAAARRRGGHHHHHHH!  >:(  

TLR696CCS

As far as Loudon goes, 2005 will be my first experience there too, hmm maybe I can follow my old street riding comrade Steve Giaccomaro around
Loudon for a few laps doing 1:13's YAHHHHH!!
Hoping to convince him to race other tracks next season, on second thought he will just cut into my points..LOL  ;D