Endurance  Racer(s) Wanted for 2005 Season

Started by TLR696CCS, November 16, 2004, 06:37:09 AM

WebCrush

QuoteAs far as Loudon goes, 2005 will be my first experience there too, hmm maybe I can follow my old street riding comrade Steve Giaccomaro around
Loudon for a few laps doing 1:13's YAHHHHH!!
Hoping to convince him to race other tracks next season, on second thought he will just cut into my points..LOL  ;D

Steve's a good guy, I grew up a town over from him.  How about including the state of Mass in your search? :D :D  I do Loudon, Summit and VIR all the time. :D :D :D

TLR696CCS

Adam, I met Steve about 5 years ago, after coming back to Long Island after 10 years in Europe. Met him through mutual friends, I started riding  Sundays
with a group of 7 to 10 guys, some ex road racers, racing around the backroads of LI for a couple of years, till a few of us started racing and realised what were doing on the street was stupid, probably a story most of us here can tell. I grew up in Miller Place and Middle Island, where are you from on LI?
Actually I haven't seen Steve in a while, both of us busy working and racing, he has also concentrated on Loudon, where my home track is Summit Point.
That also being the reason why I did not include MA residents in the search, since I figured their main track will be Loudon and I plan on going there 2 maybe 3 times in 2005, the FUSA date and 1, maybe 2 other weekends. I want racers who can make Tune&Test days at Summit Point, since those are really the best days to get a good amount of laps in. We can talk further about it. I plan on going to Summit Point, VIR, Loudon, Roebling Road, Nashville, Nelson Ledges, among some possible others.

TLR696CCS

Lone Wolf Cycles Endurance Team welcomes
Scott Harwood (WVracer97) to the fold, knowing he will bring his gritty and consistant on track performance to the team!!!  ;D
I raced against Scott many times this past season and look forward to having him as a teammate in 2005. Of course in the world of sprints, there will be trading of paint  :D .....How many days and counting till the first Mid Atlantic race...or 2005 VIR trackday???? By January I will be having full withdrawl symptoms!!    

cbrf4_269

What tires will you be racing on.  I have pitted next to Scott most of this year and watch most of his races.

wvracer97

Thanks for the welcome Dave-- it's going to be a great season and killer opportunity for track time and comraderie while running my AMA point bulding sprint effort ;)

To everyone else out there-- Dave is a great guy and has his head on straight.  I look forward to being a part of his effort.

The only question I have is:  If I ride for Lone Wolf Kawasaki and Team SKS Honda, does that make me a HondaSaki Rider ;D ;D

We look forward to seeing you all next year!

H0RT0NF4i

congratulations scott.....glad to hear you got on man!!  can't wait to do some more racing with ya next year!!!

rsmith

Damn, you were serious about endurance racing.    :o

Program sounds cool.  Shoot me an email so we can chat.

TLR696CCS

Yes Rob I am serious, I also have considerd you as potentially being with the team. I will shoot you an email when I get back home. right now Annette and I are in Nashville visiting my mom and here I am at a Kinko's paying 20 cents a minute for this response  :o..... Hello to Sam and also the two four legged critters.......  Well time is ticking.. cathch all of you later  ;D

TLR696CCS

The tire issue has still not be decided upon.. I have faithfully raced on Pirelli's and love em..  but it is also a financial question.  I tested Michelin's at VIR and di poorly due to my stupid lack of setup. I was running wide in every turn and not going really good, it is a wonder what dropping the front end 10mm will do, after doing that at Summit on NOvember 1st, I felt more comfy on them.  TBD with tires

oldguy

How many races are you going to do next year? (I don't have a resume 'cause I'm slow, but I just wondered)

TLR696CCS

Doug,
I would say 10 weekends total, give or take one.
More would be great, but it depends on the financial help I get, to push it further, oh yeah, then I have to figure I need to take time off from my 9 to 5 job to do that. A few of the weekends may just be the Endurace day, of course I am going to try and do as many CCS sprint events as possible. Obviously I can lay out more definintive plans when the 2005 CCS/FUSA and WERA schedules come out.

oldguy

Awesome. The WERA endurance sched is out, but the sprints aren't. I've been known to be a pit beyotch a time or two if you need help over this way. I'm pretty close to Nelson Ledges. [Edit] I stand corrected, the other scheds are out. Now I need to know when the Wegman is  ;D