News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Kevin Elliott...since you're observing...

Started by Super Dave, November 05, 2004, 10:14:31 AM

james-redsv

QuoteThe 748 is a competent middleweight bike.

Thunderbikes....well, they are performance indexed Lightweight Superbikes, pretty much.  

The 748 can make good power with an 800 kit...yeah, run it in FUSA Superbike where it belongs.

If the availability of them is so incredible, then they should already be in Supertwins, right?  
A 748/800 ducati gets killed in the middleweight class, thats why nobody rides one in that class. There very few in supertwins because that class is unlimited displacement. The 748 with an 800 kit is compairable with everthing else that is allowed in thunderbike. What about a SV at 800cc? Puts out about the same HP as a 800 ducati and its lighter to boot. Then again since when is a 800cc water cooled SV twin considered a LWT motor? You cant run it in LWT superbike or SS?? :P

Baltobuell

You can't run a FUSA Buell in SS either. I think most of the grey comes in when FUSA bikes are running with CCS "just for fun" guys. Of course in a money class there will be a bottomless pit of cash to work with for some guys. That leaves out a guy with an old F2 or old Duc guy. I run an old tube frame Buell, so since the XB's are the bike I drool on, should I get to run ULW, Heck NO. CCS "just for fun guys" should do just that, run for the fun of it. If you want to be with the leaders at a National event, you'll have to spend some money. Go carts, Dirtbikes, Cars, whatever, in the top ranks, money matters. If I was fast when the bike was new somebody would have given me the newer model so I run what I got. I think the rules committee has done an excellent job in the past and have no reason to doubt them now.
PS: The old Buell Lightning series was as cheap as racing gets. 95hp limit was easily attainable so it came down to rider. That was a good series.