News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Regional Class and Overall Points

Started by TiffineyIngram, October 28, 2002, 06:42:31 AM

TiffineyIngram

I know y'all are frustrated that the points have not been updated on ccsracing.com.  Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as y'all are.  Unfortunately we lost our person within the Ft. Worth office that did our website and now we have to go through our corporate office to get stuff posted.  I do, however, have the current point standings for all regions, so if you would like them, please email me and I will get them to you right away.  I want to thank you guys for making this year so incredible--all of you riding your butts off made this our best year yet.  We're working on making next year even better, so in the words of Kevin, thank you for your support, and have a great off-season!

SliderPhoto

Well, I know a Web site that would gladly post them.  :-*

If you send me a link to the Gingerman results I could update the results for the year. At least for the Midwest region.

Of course if I could get the Hallet results, the link is still dead, I could update the other regions I track as well.

We need to work out something for next year, are you hiring another Web site person?

am125ike

QuoteWell, I know a Web site that would gladly post them.  :-*

If you send me a link to the Gingerman results I could update the results

:o  for the year.  :o      :o WOW  :o     At least for the Midwest region.

We need to work out something for next year, are you hiring another Web site person?

HMMMMMMMMM..................  [pondering] ..........................................  

Eddie#200

QuoteI know y'all are frustrated that the points have not been updated on ccsracing.com.  Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as y'all are.  Unfortunately we lost our person within the Ft. Worth office that did our website and now we have to go through our corporate office to get stuff posted.

Tiffany,

Just curious on how the point standing updates get to the CCS web site.  Do you know if CCS has a data source/database written for the results page? That can be an automated process that updates all coresponding regions if a racer's results are typed into the database via MS Excel spreadsheet.  If you create a spreadsheet with all of the regions and link the regions that cross over i.e Midwest, Great Lakes and Great Planes... you would get the proper points added to three regions at the same time and cut 2/3 of the work. Sounds like a web site automation project is in order.  You can check to see if your ISP can allow a SQL database to run from the web server.  If so you can automate the points standing entry process cutting the labor way down.

Just a thought...

TiffineyIngram

Uh...all those letters are getting me confused!  Sorry, Eddie, I'm not a computer person AT ALL, so I don't understand any of that.  What I can tell you is that next year's system will be much better and much more efficient.  For this year, we're just going to have to deal with it for a couple more months and then next year when everything's perfect, we'll be able to look back and say "I'm so old that I remember when CCS's website wasn't always current!"  Okay, maybe not as funny as it sounded in my head, but trust me, we're getting there.

Gixxer124

QuoteTiffany,

Just curious on how the point standing updates get to the CCS web site.  Do you know if CCS has a data source/database written for the results page? That can be an automated process that updates all coresponding regions if a racer's results are typed into the database via MS Excel spreadsheet.  If you create a spreadsheet with all of the regions and link the regions that cross over i.e Midwest, Great Lakes and Great Planes... you would get the proper points added to three regions at the same time and cut 2/3 of the work. Sounds like a web site automation project is in order.  You can check to see if your ISP can allow a SQL database to run from the web server.  If so you can automate the points standing entry process cutting the labor way down.

Just a thought...

??? uuuuh, what'd  he say ???

sdiver68

Eddie,

Don't set up a spreadsheet to do a database job!  Team with Microsoft and have them send their best .Net development team and we could have wireless, real-time lap times and scoring at the track and instantly updated webpages  ;D

And we could even add digital race calls and board notifications ;D
MCRA Race School Instructor

r6_philly

do you trophy/plaque class winners and leaders? if so how many places? where will it be presented (banquet?)?

r6_philly

QuoteEddie,

Don't set up a spreadsheet to do a database job!  Team with Microsoft and have them send their best .Net development team and we could have wireless, real-time lap times and scoring at the track and instantly updated webpages  ;D

And we could even add digital race calls and board notifications ;D

Stop with the Microsoft ad!!!  ;D :P Us independent development companies can do just as nice work. Forefront of technology are usually fought by small privateers  8)

Dawn

Quotedo you trophy/plaque class winners and leaders? if so how many places? where will it be presented (banquet?)?

R6_Philly:

This thread should answer your question:

http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1027614297;start=6

Dawn   :)

sdiver68

God R6, I should have known better than to tout an MS product...but what other technology do you propose to use for a small business with little in-house tech skills?

As for development, hey I'm a self-employed IS consultant myself, I love it when the "big boys" mess things up so I can go fix it :D  Usually, MS will hand you over to a Partner anyway....I was posting a pipe dream anyway lol
MCRA Race School Instructor

r6_philly

QuoteGod R6, I should have known better than to tout an MS product...but what other technology do you propose to use for a small business with little in-house tech skills?

As for development, hey I'm a self-employed IS consultant myself, I love it when the "big boys" mess things up so I can go fix it :D  Usually, MS will hand you over to a Partner anyway....I was posting a pipe dream anyway lol

For my smaller clients (with budget restrictions) we usually develop a php/MySQL based web app with complete admin tools. Since there is no fee in aquiring the technologies (php and MySQL is free, plus it can run on unix) they can spend the money on training and support through us.

I actually do use MS product  :o  we developed pocketPC apps using Embeded VB for the educational sector, it is getting national attention (read - my AMA fund). The best part is Embeded VB is free from MS  :o  and I may become a MS partner anyway  :D

But back to CCS db, any combination will do. They can scan/OCR/import results into a db and we can set up many query options. Straight forward. I proposed such a system to CCS last year, but they didn't go with it, maybe this year since we have customer request?  ;)

SliderPhoto

Oops, it got to be 2AM and I saw that CCS had all the results up on their site so updating mine became a low priority.

JeF4y pointed out this morning though that the overall is old, so after I get some work done this morning I'll update the points and post here when they're done.

SliderPhoto

QuoteBut back to CCS db, any combination will do. They can scan/OCR/import results into a db and we can set up many query options. Straight forward. I proposed such a system to CCS last year, but they didn't go with it, maybe this year since we have customer request?  ;)
I've devised a points system and I track the local regions. I'm using a SQL Server 2000 back-end and Microsoft IIS for the front-end. I will be designing a completely new site this off season with .NET.

Tiffiney has eluded to having a new system for next year. If that's the case, I wont spend time updating my system, instead concentrate on the rest of my site, photos and all the neat things we can do with them. Tiffiney, what's the new system?

My system is capable of tracking all the regions. I could even develop an XML Web service to provide external systems with result data. I could very easily design the system to produce result pages that CCS could display on their site without any intervention from their Web people. What does that mean? It means that results could be displayed on the CCS Web site within minutes of me receiving the data.

They shouldn't settle for anything less.

Eddie#200

Can I stirr up a can of worms or what??

heee hee!

I don't care who or what fixes it.  Just fix it!

Right guys?

SliderPhoto

QuoteCan I stirr up a can of worms or what??

heee hee!

I don't care who or what fixes it.  Just fix it!

Right guys?
Absolutely!