News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Team Challenge regional based in 05?

Started by G 97, October 25, 2004, 09:09:10 PM

G 97

Any thoughts with positioning the Team Challenge back on a regional level as apposed to having it with Formula USA.  Would like to do some endurance racing that is not on a national geography schedule.
G

Jeff

That would be something good...  I'd look more seriously at running them...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

OmniGLH

That would be cool.  I'd be down... I have way more fun running TC than I do sprints.  Regional would be hella sweet.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

K3 Chris Onwiler

I drive from Chicago to Hallett a few times a year to ride endurance with CMRA.  I'd stay local if CCS offered something for endurance fans.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Thingy

I would do it, just like we did a few years ago.  I would probably still go to Hallett for one of the 5-hours too.

I heard that the reason that they quit doing the regional TCs a few years ago was because they had poor attendance in all but the Midwest regions.  :-/
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Thingy

Oh, and the first person that I would be looking to pass would be you JeF4y.  :P ;D
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

Nice idea...

But when we did have it, there weren't a whole lot of entries...

So, where was everyone?

My team won three titles in two years.
Super Dave

Bling

.......Here,here.

Still rubbing it in Dave.

Jon

jgf

i and a few others would love this idea!!

G 97

I thought participation increased from the first season to the second.  Then it went to Formula USA.  It doesn't seem like it gets alot of participation on the national level as one would think either.  I just feel like they pulled the plug on it a bit early at the regional level.  I seem to remember that for the first year most were just trying to figure things out and then it seemed to build a little more the second year.  Then it was changed.  :-/
G

Woofentino Pugrossi

Also heres something else. Which classes are gonna have to be cut for that weekend to run a 2hr endurance? Damn I would love to do one at least once. Would be alot of fun.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

StumpysWife

What about at least one a year at each region's "home" track--like Blackhawk.  Or a whole series there, but Blackhawk has five weekends, Topeka only has two.

Give up the LP day that weekend--or only do a half-day and have in on Friday rather than Monday.

Another cool thing for CCS to do would be run a team challenge at the Wegman weekend and donate the entry fees to the fund.  

Just some ideas...

Heather

Super Dave

QuoteI thought participation increased from the first season to the second.  Then it went to Formula USA.  It doesn't seem like it gets alot of participation on the national level as one would think either.  I just feel like they pulled the plug on it a bit early at the regional level.  I seem to remember that for the first year most were just trying to figure things out and then it seemed to build a little more the second year.  Then it was changed.  :-/

The second year was combined.

FUSA championships and regionals.  And because of that, they had more participation.  

As for figuring things out...

I think endurance racing has been around for quite a while.  You ride laps, change riders.  Same rules as it applies to normal racing.  

If you don't have enough teams to pay for the time when compared to regular sprints, well, then it doesn't make sense.

Bling....LOL!  No dig...
 ;D

Was much more fun working for the wins.  I personally struggled so hard that year, medically.  I had no balance, for some reason.  Made my whole life kind of hard.
Super Dave

Jeff

QuoteOh, and the first person that I would be looking to pass would be you JeF4y.  :P ;D

Well, there goes ONE person I'd run at team with!  ;D :( ;D >:( :(  :D (lol)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

boo181

dang garth it's about time yo ucame out of your hole ;D. whats up buddy

motomadness

Don't know if you all are aware of this, but every Fasttrax weekend is centered around a 3 hour endurance on Saturday and sprints on Sunday.  They have folks that only come out for the 3 hour.  I would even go as far as to say that another reaso why they teamed up with CCS was because they wanted to use the electronic scoring to ease the burden of friendly scorers.  

It can be done.  Matter of fact why not make it a regional option.  Those regions that want it get some sort of addition to their schedule, those that don't won't.  I would almost leave it up to the local race directors to decide which rounds could support the race.  Furthermore, if we move the Saturday sprints to Sunday, and shorten the GT to a qualifying session for the TC, they it might work.

K3 Chris Onwiler

I knew about the Fastrax stuf, and really really really wanted to try some.  I couldn't find any teammates, though, because it was on the wrong side of the lake for all my Wisconsin buddies.  Then I ended up so broke that I was busting tires with Mitch Stein instead of riding at Grattan.
Mitch and I were going to do one at Nelson, but Dunlop called and had Mitch go to AMA at Road Atlanta that weekend at the last minute.  Sigh.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

motomadness

The scene at Nelson was cool, but I would prefer good ole BHF anyday, although you won't get as worn out at Nelson.

dahustler

let's have a team challenge at blackhawk on the wegman weekend, winner gets braggin rights for the year till the next wegman
David Vaughn
ccs mw ex#27
TrackdayMag.com Racing
Chitown Hustlers

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

shakenbake

Fasttrax has ran a 3hr endurance series for years,  this year it was ran at Neson's and Grattan.   There is talk of adding Putnam next year.

It's a fun series, I know I saw MotoMadness out there at least once this year.  

The regional idea is great, because I don't have the time or $$$$ to do endurance at the National level.
I think each region should have it's own endurance series, and then a ROC at the end of the year for all the region winners.

spyderchick

Quotelet's have a team challenge at blackhawk on the wegman weekend, winner gets braggin rights for the year till the next wegman

Email Gordy gplunde@starnetusa.net and see if its a feasable thing. How would this benefit the Wegman, and how coould you fit it into a regular CCS weekend?

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

H-man

QuoteFasttrax has ran a 3hr endurance series for years,  this year it was ran at Neson's and Grattan.   There is talk of adding Putnam next year.

To read the Fasttrax board and after exchanging e-mail w/ Bob earlier this month, it appears to me that Fasttrax will be Nelson only next year.  Well, maybe 2 Grattan trips.  I'm still hopeful for BeaveRun and Putnam, but I rather doubt it.

Their continued affiliation/sanctioning with CCS even seems questionable.

H-man
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Super Dave

QuoteThe regional idea is great, because I don't have the time or $$$$ to do endurance at the National level.
I think each region should have it's own endurance series, and then a ROC at the end of the year for all the region winners.

This was the way it was ran in 2001 and 2002.

And isn't anymore because it just didn't pay its way.

Super Dave

Mark Bernard

QuoteEmail Gordy gplunde@starnetusa.net and see if its a feasable thing. How would this benefit the Wegman, and how coould you fit it into a regular CCS weekend?

Do like Doc Stein did... have a pledge sheet and get people to plege a certan amount per lap. All procedes would then go to the Wegman fund and maybe a small purse for the winners and bragging rights for a year and maybe a silly little trophie. Kind of like the one we used for the pit bike races a few years ago. How to fit it in is gonna be the big question. The schedule is kind of tight as it is. Could it be ran as a one time thing on Saturday before and/or during lunch break after practice sessions have ended? What do you think?
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

the_weggie_man

The problem is if this isn't a regular CCS event it won't happen.  That's part of the reason the pit bike races went away. CCS insurance and lawyers won't allow any on track activities that are not part of the regular program.

I think it's a great idea. Anything that helps racers is good.

If you can get the Team Challenge thing back and CCS can schedule it on the Wegman weekend I would be all for it.

I guess you need to do a poll?  See how many would like to do the TC. A little polling off the forum would help also for those that don't get on here. Pick up the phones and/or emails and see what happens.