News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Cherry Picking

Started by ronin, October 25, 2002, 02:25:59 PM

YTAK_Racing

If he were a full factory guy and had unlimited resourses I'd say he's a cherry picker.  He is just a guy thats in the middle ranks trying to get sponcership. He's not a club racer nor does he have a deal that makes him a living.

From what I know of him, he's doing everything he can to make it to that next level.  I personally wish him the best of luck.

Jon Wuytack

Super Dave

HooAh, Jon!

You've hit it on the head!
Super Dave

Eric Kelcher

I think of the ROC as racing against the BEST. It is not a select few that can run it anyone can show up. You proved yourself against the best in the world as they were all invited.

As far as a heat race etc to determine grid postion that is done (in a way), you run the regional races (heat races) and that determines your grid postion for the final championship race.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

r6_philly

one amatuer championship in motorsports that gets my vote is the SCCA run-offs.

I think it is fair to determine the national championship at Daytona during ROC. Many other regions have different competition and have different number of events, so regional points can't be fair.

However it would be more fair if only racers who have competed semi-regularly (meaning some series commitment) are allowed to enter the ROC.

So a invitational ROC would be nice. CCS are still ensured a full grid because they get to invite UP TO the full grid of people. If people don't respond by the deadline then go to the altenates. CCS won't loose money that way.

If some guys is good enough (or rich enough) to have a MUCH better bike than the rest of the field. then he/she probably will win anyway. There is no stopping that. But if we can limit credentials to whoever that deserves it, it will certainly be less complains.

Eddie#200

QuoteIf some guys is good enough (or rich enough) to have a MUCH better bike than the rest of the field. then he/she probably will win anyway. There is no stopping that.

Some of us aren't rich... We have rich sponsors.  It's hard to say it, but "that's racing".  If you want to go faster, be more prepared than the next guy.  Work on putting together a winning combination of sponsorship, bike and riding skill.  Race smart!