If You Were Wondering.....

Started by stephenr928, September 25, 2004, 01:10:53 PM

stephenr928

I just got the bill for last Fridays ambulance ride (Helicopter trip), from Turn 2 (BHF) to Rockford Memorial Hospital:
-Conventional Air, one way..............$4990.00
-Mileage, (13).................................$923.00

-Total...........................................$5913.00

(Man, I hope my insurance covers this!)
steve
Steve
MA  #92
cbr 600 F2
(My Heart Still Remains in the Great Plains)

stumpy

Youch!
 Well we are sure glad you are O.K. We were watching when they were working on you and when you got taken away. Not a good feeling. Well other than the bill, is everything else o.k.?

Stumpy
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

EX#996

Holy Crap!!!!

Paul said to me after we talked last night.  "You tell them to take me by ambulance.  It's only 15 minutes to Rockford Memorial!"

I certainly hope I'm never in that position....

Steve, we are soooo thankful that your OK.

Dawn ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

MELK-MAN

BUT getting top notch care in the event you would have had a life threatening injury?? ... priceless.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

cmmfl

skara

I was in a similiar situation last year airlifted from blackhawk   however i had discussed this with my wife and allready knew it was covered it only takes a few minutes to find out check with your ins company so you don't have to worry about later :) :)

stephenr928

Stumpy,
All's well.  I did have a bit o' head trauma....Thus the helo ride.  I was knocked out cold when I got hit, then was not very responsive as I regained consciousness.  (I didn't recognize my buddy Dwayne Lang, and we're neighbors who travel together to the races!!)  Melkman, the decision to fly my butt was obviously the right one.  Everybody knows the rule:
-Never, ever mess around with a head injury!  
As a corner worker at MAM, I would have made the same call.  And yes Skara, My insurance covers helo tours.  After all, I'm a big-shot road racer!!
It took 24 hours for the swelling in my brain to go down, I was released Sunday after lunch.....After 48 hours of observation.  I was feeling a bit like Shamu, doing a show every 2 hours for 2 days straight.  And surprisingly, I got tired of Jello!!
(Please refrain from any "Steve is fat like a whale" jokes!)
My memory of the incident is nada, as is 12 hours prior & 24 hours after.  Now things are better, I can remember most of this past week.  (According to Sheryl, now I need to remember to put the toilet seat down........)
I did break my left clavicle, right thumb, and the usual plethora of bumps & bruises.
Thankfully the bike looks okay.  (!)
Dawn, thanks for the call last night.......I missed racing with Paul this year.  (Heck, I miss the good ol' days.....Last year Ike, Craig & Paul would've never hit me in practice!!!!)
Thanks again to everyone for the support
& well-wishes.
And, umm, Dwayne?  I haven't forgot you owe me $78.34, either!!!
Steve
MA  #92
cbr 600 F2

dylanfan53

Glad to hear you're recovering!  Shame to get that helicopter tour and not even remember it.   I hope you recover quickly from the other breaks and bruises.
Don Cook
CCS #53

SliderPhoto

I'm glad you're doing better Steve!

cb186

Steve!
Damn you, stop your crashin at the end of the year like this. i hadn't heard you had fallen down and go boom. sounds like your going to survive, but if not, i got dibbs on Sheryl!  ;D

your favorite F2 mechanic, Chad.

P.S. how is the Honder? time for a new  600?
2004 R6
cra #186
wera #186
superbikers2 #186
ccs #184
www.314racing.com, Hot Kitty's Pu$$ycat Lounge and Photo

2002zx6r

SteveO,  
You have me beat.  My helo ride last year was only $5500.00.  I guess even a yellow plate like you can beat me at something.  I think my total bill was over $33,000.00  try and beat that!!!!   As far as you money goes you will have to talk to my sponsors.  Glad you are feeling great.  I'm not sure what we would do with out you at the track.  thanks for all you great support this year.  

P.S. if any one is woundering Steve will be a thunderbike expert next year.   So if you are thinking about switching bikes try a honda f2. Steve will love the compitition.   I my self can not stoop to that level.  

I know them are fighting words....

all in good fun!  

stephenr928

Chad!
2 Things:
-My bike could ALWAYS use your loving touch......
-Sheryl read your post & said, "Hey, doesn't Chad have a full time job?!   Hmmm, he sounds tempting....."

(Please keep your loving touch to my F2 only.)

And Mr.Lang,
I tried to tell the missus that my splint will cost $33,000...And she was falling for it until she read your post.  Her comment was, "Hey, how can a fractured thumb cost as much as Dwayne's punctured lung?!"
There goes my plan to race a Kawi 600rr next year....
Steve
MA  #92
cbr 600 F2