News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New track @ BeaveRun

Started by pmoravek, October 21, 2002, 04:31:49 PM

pmoravek

Does CCS have plans to add this to the MidAtlantic schedule?  How about you NESBA & ProMotion folks...have ya been there? Whazzit like?

sportbikepete

NESBA is there this coming weekend.

oh344ccs

I haven't been there yet, but roadracing world did a piece on it a couple of months ago. They gave it a great review.  I also got to talk to a cornerworker who has been there, I guess it has only one seam in the track, as they paved 24hrs a day untill all the way around.  It also would pass all FIM saftey standards.  NESBA was there, but I don't know anyone who rode :-[

Ripper

I ran beaver run earlier this season.It's a very fast track for only 1 1/2 miles.It's got some cool although not extreme elevation changes and the back dog leg is like holy shit!The bigger bikes were seeing 140-160 mph with knee on the ground.Personally with all the property they have, I wish they would have put in more 's' sections.Average speeds were ~85-95 mph.Personally I think racing there might a bit dangerous.The run off good,except for the dog leg,the fastest part of the track and the kink and 2 blind corner entries will have amatures scattered like hay in the wind.Well, I don't know, that was just my impression that first weekend.

Rip.......per

r6_philly

If we race there, they would have to limit the grid. Turn 1 is a bit tretrous for a AM race start, and at laptimes close to 1 minute flat, lapping riders may be a problem.

I have done 4 days there so far, and track flow together very nicely, and use a lot of gas. Look forward to race there. I just need to get out front and stay there :) 1:04 on my 600 in a track day with used tires... I think we will see lots of under-minute lap times from leaders.

Ripper

r6_philly

hey Ray, hows it going? coming to any other dates? Summit?

I am going to get the GS ready for Sportsman this winter.

I will be in the city this friday, going to have dinner in flushing, drop by if you got time.

dafan@cyberphilly.com

Ripper

I'm pretty tapped on the race funds,wish I could thou.I'm going thru withdrawals!I'll see if I can make it on friday.

I noticed you were parting out a gsxr 600,did you get a new bike this year?

R

r6_philly

no, my friends GSXR engine expired. I am building up both of my R6 to be the same and he wants to get rid of the GSXR and ride one of the R6's... save some money rather than putting more into the gixxer. We will see how it goes.

Glen's been haunting me to get a gixxer though  :-/ So I may actually just take my friends' and put it back to work, (maybe trade him one of my R6 and sell the other) who knows

Ripper

D,have you ridden the gsxr 600,what do you think of it?Does it turn in as easy as the R6?

r6_philly

yup I ridden it, I do better lap times tip toeing on it than my usual time at pocono (on my R6). Its got loads more power. it doesnt turn as sharplly as mine but very stable. I could get tired riding it for a long time because it takes more effort to turn than I am used to. The bike was set up for someone my weight. It is very easy to ride fast, I just didn't like how it felt. I am VERY positive that I can go faster and win races on it, just don't feel too comfortable on it. I am thinking about getting it, I do want to win races.

Ripper

Yeah, that's why I'm looking into the fz600.The gs500 is great to learn on, :o but almost impossible to win on.