2nd Poll Question

Started by Super Dave, September 10, 2004, 08:50:17 AM

Super Dave

Related to a poll question I have, I'll add this one.

Ability wise, we are different from each other.  So, some are faster than others.  That can change the way one approaches racing from another.

And so, this question...

Some of us go out and seek sponsors, other race to win only for racing to get a ride, some do other things.

So, I'll leave it at that.  I'm trying not to corrupt the poll question with to many ideas, etc.

Thank you for your answers!
Super Dave

Jeff

Kufalk Media LLC...

Yes...  And since 2000 I've had incredible sponsorships.  Several of my sponsors provide me more support than they do their AMA teams...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EX#996

While Paul takes his racing seriously, we treat it as a hobby and not a business.  There would be too many added responsibilities and commitments that would be required of us if we went that route.  We do this for the fun and comardiery.

No pressures to perform....

No pressures to fulfill sponsor engagements....

No pressures to make certain dates....

Go, have fun, and see who can win bench racing after the day is done.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

MZGirl

No.  As I said in the other thread, racing is a hobby for me all about having fun.

But I do have sponsors that provide help.  I guess in that sense the most "professional" thing that I do is The Bullseye race report newsletter.  I like putting a quality product like that out there.  But it's free, and I do it because I like to write and people enjoy reading it.  Sponsors, family, friends, people interested in racing, etc all read it, and I think that helps to get the word out about the sport.  Heck, I had one non-motorycle industry sponsor ask to support me again this year just because they liked reading the race reports.

But all of this is not treated like a business.  It's treated like a hobby.

Super Dave

Good, just keep answering the poll questions...thanks.
Super Dave

speedster_1

No or I'd be out of business/bankrupt! the way I go through tires!

davegsxrold929r

no ., just a hobby., all the money comes from my pockets and VISA....   i love giving money away ., or i am just too lasy to get sponsors..

K3 Chris Onwiler

No.  That may change to some extent once my novel comes out.  Even then, I'll still be racing as a hobby, but promoting my writing and selling books while I'm there.  That would let me write off racing against the meager profit the book may generate.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

Thanks for the responses so far.

If anyone can, please ask other racers you know, and they know...you know, like network marketing...to get racers to answer this poll.  I'd appreciate it.

This is the link to this poll...you may cut and past in your e-mails...

http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1094831417

This is the link to the other poll question...again, please cut and paste...

http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccs1;action=display;num=1094827462

Thanks, again!
Super Dave

bigtuna

I race for the pure fun of it.  I may attempt to get some sponsors next season, but I still want to keep it fun.  I have enough crap to deal with each day in the office....racing is my escape from my actual business....

BERZERKER

a "business" as far as the IRS is concerned?
" ..roadracing motorcycles maked heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty..." P.E

Woofentino Pugrossi

Race just for fun. ;D If I wanted to get real serious racing, I'd go back to racing cars, but then I'd be REAL BROKE. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod