Wiring question

Started by Pierre - Team PMR, August 18, 2004, 07:35:29 AM

Pierre - Team PMR

OK, I know I should know this by now, but I've been spoiled with a pre-safety wired bike in the past.

What is the minimum Safety Wire requirements needed.  I cant seem to find anything in the rule book other than the oil filter, filler cap and drain plug.  
Pierre Montsion
Team PMR
CCS EX# 280

speedster_1

Add radiator drain plug...and I think that's it.....I've passed tech w/o have any axle or caliper bolts wired...I don't recommend not doing your brakes!  I lost a bolt in practice the other day!  Got lucky the other bolt didn't come out on the track!

Steviebee

oil fill, oil drain, oil filter,  and if you have a rad drain.   Only thing thats required !!

I used to do my brakes, pinch, and axel bolts.  But i quit doing it because im changing wheels during every weekend and it just another thing that takes time inbwtween races.

My rear brake caliper is still wired.

speedster_1

Quick connects on the wiring helps with tire changes...just got some I need to install.

Do your brakes...you don't want to be sorry!!!!

ducatiracer_#100

;D  I read once wire up anything that you dont want coming loose at race speed , i might have gone a little nuts in wiring my bike but when the green flag drops my concern is on turn one, not on my bike. It helps out alot...  

gsxrsrad1000

ditto, since I had my bike taken all apart this winter, I took every bolt off I could think of and drilled holes through every one of them.