News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Firebird video??

Started by digitalRoost, August 17, 2004, 05:11:33 PM

RAY_HYMER

QuoteHey Ray and Steve...  I've got a 70's bike for you to race...a GT750 (Water Buffalo)...I think it can ride in some of the lighter classes because it's so old and a two-stroke.  :)
-Brian
Now I am not being a liar, so you have to believe me, but the first road race that I ever did was in 1981 with a bone stock 1974 Suzuki GT750 water buffalo!!  At that time, the top rider was....Kevin Elliott!! :o  
The racing organization was PRRO here in Phoenix and the race was at Phoenix International Raceway, and I took 3rd place in the "Box Stock" 750 class.  I rode the bike to the track, wore 2 sets of blue jeans and a leather jacket, and rode the bike home after the races!  8)  
Steven was a pudgy 1 year old at the time.  I have a few PICS of the bike, and I'll try to get them scanned and posted here in the near future.  I may even have one with Steven sitting on the bike!  That was when he actually weighed less than the bike!  ;D

brian213

Oh man!  That's funny!  I almost busted a button on that one.   :o

Well, I'd like to try riding this GT750 I have.  It's pretty much a naked bike now, had been somewhat race prepped..even has aftermarket pipes on it...actually, I want to know what it sounds like! :)

The thing is SOOOOO darn heavy, probably about or more than 4 X my weight.

-Brian

INSANESTEVE777

If i could figure how to put pics on here I'd get arrested!! hehe ...I like that pic and theres more with those damn 70s two strokes that are scary as all hell to ride...(h2)....damn there fun!!! I like his yard sell pic...parts all over his drive way ...crashing is cool!! Daddy we need to race the black one,I have an 800 kit a welder and alot of healing time to make some fancy undrgable chambers!!i think I have some barfacators and those zoomy crome pipes!! I know for a fact that we would crash that bike more than it would finish races!!! Crash it or cink it before the finish line!! but what the hell it would be funny!! I'll even be the pilot if your to wussy to haul ace on it!! I think my front end on my police bike will fit to so we can have brakes and a 17 on the front!! Let me know fat man!! ;D

Zac

Don't tempt me to show up with my father-in-law's KZ1000

-z.

RAY_HYMER

Hey, Zac, don't get Steven started on the KZ1000 stuff!!  He has a 79 police bike with YZF600 suspension front and rear, PLUS the motor has been worked on by Cycle Dynamics, and puts out 109hp on the dyno!! :o
It was meant to be used in Thunderbike, but it still isn't finished.  He needs to put a subframe, gas tank, and footpegs assemblies onto it.  BUT.....he does have a welder now! 8)  
I ALMOST bought a Yamaha XS650 from Bob's yesterday, but if we decide to do a 70's project, there are a few other bikes that I would consider, such as a GS1000, CBX, or even a silly KZ1300 (there's one on ebay right now for $1100, and it's in Kingman).  Of course there are the Ducati's too, but they cost too much.  Too bad CCS doesn't have some sort of Vintage class. :(  

INSANESTEVE777

Did I hear kz? hehehe ;D yes I do have a welder ;D And most of the things you said I needed are already done ;D Did I hear correctly? :-*

RAY_HYMER

Here are those PICS!  Check out my spiffy threads! Not to mention that I actually had hair!:o
You know I had all of the chicks back then!  ;D

INSANESTEVE777

IM FAT!!! HEHE DARN IM CUTE!! AND FAST TO,YOU SEE MY TUCKING? WAY FAST!!

MZGirl

Wow, check you out Ray!   :o  Those are some sweet pics (nice bikes, too  ;))!  Vintage bikes are so cool.

And Steve, I have to admit you were a cute kid. Dang, you sure did start riding young!    ;)

INSANESTEVE777

racerxgirl

I thought you already did score??!!!  Pimp daddy Stevie!!  
Cute pics!
What the heck were you riding in the one race on sunday with your front plate looking like it was cut out of cardboard?

Mongrel

Damn Ray where is the rest of you  ;D