News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Firebird video??

Started by digitalRoost, August 17, 2004, 05:11:33 PM

RAY_HYMER

REALLY!!!???  I should put my order in now.  I hope they have chili!!  OH, I have to hop the fence?  I hope the fence can support 276 pounds!!  Maybe I can order Domino's!!  ::)

MZGirl

No, Ray, there's just a single row of hay bales about knee-high between you and hot doggie goodness.  No fence.  You could easily leap a bale in a single bound.  Though, I don't know about the chili.  You might want to lay off of that if you have more races later that day.   :P

Is this the longest SW/Pac thread ever?!   ;D

RAY_HYMER

No, I need all the "Ammo" that I can get.  Steven farts WAY too much.  Maybe we can pit next to you guys.  We'll check the wind direction just to make sure you are downwind!  :-X  

The funny thing about the meatwagon there at Firebird is that one time after a spectacular crash in the pits (!) that destroyed my upper fairing, I snuck behind their dumpster and grabbed a hamburger patty box and taped it around about 50 times, and fastened it to what was left of the front of the bike and used it as my number plate!!  And then crashed again in the next race!!  JEEZ!  The box held, though!   ;D

MZGirl

Hey now!  I don't wanna have to repaint my bike due to exposure to toxic fumes!   >:(  You best keep your rosey self at the other end of the paddock!

You're giving Cory waaay too much ammo to use for announcing at the next race.  I can hear it now..."And here comes Ray Hymer sponsored by Jack-in-the-Box on his methane propelled bike..."   ;)

Have we successfully cleared this thread out?  Guess it's just you and me, Ray.   :-*  :-X  ;)

Zac

QuoteHave we successfully cleared this thread out?  Guess it's just you and me, Ray.   :-*  :-X  ;)

I'm still here!  :)  So, does Firebird Main have, like, walls or something?  ;D

But alas, we still won't be at Main.  Elaine has to continue her perfect season in ASMA Formula Femme.

-z.

duc995@aol.com

Hey Zac/Elaine...are you guys going to enter the WSMC/Roadracingworld 250/50?

MZGirl

QuoteHey Zac/Elaine...are you guys going to enter the WSMC/Roadracingworld 250/50?

I was planning on it earlier this year, but now I'm selling the TZ 250.  Zac's done racing the R6 at the end of this season, and will stick with the motard for next season (he may even pick up a vintage bike as a 2nd bike).  I just did 2 trackdays on the R6, and decided to race it next season, in addition to the MZ.  Heck, I may even race the R6 at SOW in Dec.

So the answer is no.  Besides, I just signed up for a triathlon that's on the same Sun as the 250/50 race.  Yeah, I know...something's not right in my head.   ::)

duc995@aol.com

Well...I'll miss seeing you and Zac then.   :'(

Wishing you minimal knee damage... ;D

-Rob

cstem

The video and lack of turns from the cars is correct.  Remember this, cars do use use haybales so those will be missing on the video.  With turns 7,8,9 and 10 you need to have a rythmn set up coming out of 5/6 or you will just be putting around for the rest of the lap- it takes a lot of skill to keep a good pace through there as every exit compliments the next turns entry.  ZAC and Elaine we will miss you at Firebird and good luck on the Tri Elaine! I contemplated doing one but instead have set up the training schedule to have my peak coincide with the NORBA National next March- three days TT, Short Course and XC!  See you later!
The voice of the Southwest.

Litespeed

I haven't been around at all for quite a while but I do have some on-bike footage of Firebird Main from a couple of years ago.  If someone wants to see it, let me know and I will digitize it and see how big the file comes out.  The camera did have some funky lines from the vibration but the track is still visible.

digitalRoost

MZGirl

QuoteI contemplated doing one but instead have set up the training schedule to have my peak coincide with the NORBA National next March- three days TT, Short Course and XC!  

Wow...do a season of MTB racing and look what happens!   :o Good luck at the NORBA National, and let us know how it goes!  That shoud be a blast!