Liter bikes in F40-- No Way!

Started by Eddie#200, October 10, 2002, 01:45:40 PM

Eddie#200

What was ever set as the rule on if 4 cyl liter bikes were going to be allowed in F40.  I hope we don't see that anytime soon.  I think it's much more sporting to run 750cc and smaller.  With all of the experience most older riders bring winning races on a 600cc bike can be done.

Any other comments?

sdiver68

Yeah, when are they going to add up the age of the bike AND rider to get to 40, so I can run a '94 CBR900RR out there when they raise the displacement limit?  :P
MCRA Race School Instructor

Speedballer347

Competing against 1000cc bikes?
Maybe then the 750 riders will know how us 600 guys feel ;D

Seriously, doesn't matter to me, I'll be bankrupt from racing long before I reach 40yrs of age :P
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

dave333

What? Inline 4 liter bikes in F40?  Say it ain't so, Alice!!!

Eddie#200

QuoteYeah, when are they going to add up the age of the bike AND rider to get to 40, so I can run a '94 CBR900RR out there when they raise the displacement limit?  :P

As the motorcycle technology get's better and better I belive it will have a bad effect on F40 to add up the age and bike.  What will end up happening soon enough is the 20 yr old riders will have bikes like 900RR and will take any championship possibillity away.  If you want to race against us ... just wait a few years.  Right now it would be funny because you would need to run a 1975 honda 750 with cable brakes.  ha ha

sdiver68

Actually, I'm only 1 year away from being able to run a '96 GSXR750 :D

Eddie#200

QuoteActually, I'm only 1 year away from being able to run a '96 GSXR750 :D

What ...you that old??

sdiver68

duc995@aol.com

It would be more appropriate to make the F40 class not just another HP shootout where the most $$ win.  I think there should be some restrictions or handicaps to make things more even...

FullMoonRacing

...I think there should be some restrictions or handicaps to make things more even...

OK, Ok, ok...  No liter bikes AND we add handicaps.  For instance, since we're talking about old guys, let's say that
1.  for every pound overweight, the older, rounder rider gets a 5 second per lap credit.
2.  for every year closer to dementia, the older more forgetful rider gets another 5 second per lap credit for having blown corners (forgot brake markers, ref points)
3.  A one time 5 second credit for slow reaction at the green flag.

signed,
Old, fat, slow rider on a mere MW size bike

r3card

eddie is that you.... 2cd place f 40. if so how was your trip home. even if they had 1000 they would have a hard time catching you. its getting cold up your way.  yuck thanks for the great race sat your an great rider good luck next year.  my wife said if i won i had to quit so guess what?  at 48 every bone in my body hurt tring to keep you back there. good race again eddie talk at you soon robert card

Ripper

I qualify for F40 and the whole thing seems stupid with age being the only criteria.What's the freakin'point,I went out with my light weight and there's 750's on the grid.The dumbess $35 I ever spent.It's either a practice race for the fast guys or an event for slower mw/hw.

How about just pulling the points from the gt classes.Use it as a sub-category.Every things the same and just throw in some wood at the end of the year for the 3 top F40,riders in each class.Part of the beauty of this is that the gt races require the most stamina(besides endurance),you know the age vs.stamina/conditioning/skill.

And then use the saved track time to may be lighten some of the other over crowded grids,or donate it to the corner workers.

Ray

Will race for food/chips/gas money......